Missed your offer: what next?
If you haven't got the grades you needed to meet your offer don't worry, there are several things you can do.
If the University of Bristol is your firm choice and you've only narrowly missed your offer
Please check UCAS Track to see if we've been able to offer you a place.
If we can’t offer you a place but you’ve met or exceeded the conditions of your insurance offer, you’ll automatically be accepted by that institution via UCAS. Please check UCAS Track for more information.
If the University of Bristol is your insurance offer and you’ve only narrowly missed your offer
How long will it take to get a decision?
We will make final decisions as soon as possible. If you have taken A-levels, we hope to have a decision available for you on A-level results day or the next day.
- Check UCAS Track first to see if we have made a decision.
- If we have not been able to make a decision, contact us and we will be able to let you know what is happening.
- In some cases we may take longer to reach our decision. For example, if we are missing a result or waiting to see if space is available.
- If you have other, non-A-level qualifications, we aim to process the decision as soon as the results are known.
- There may be some cases where we have to hold a decision until A-level results are published to treat all applications fairly. We will let you know if this is the case.
If you are appealing against your results
If your application is unsuccessful following confirmation of your results, and you have requested a re-mark:
- Email email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Make the subject of this email “REMARK”
- include your UCAS ID number and details of the subjects where you have requested a re-mark.
If your re-mark is successful and you meet the conditions of your offer, you will need to provide us with evidence by 31 August for us to consider your place.
If your re-mark is successful and you meet the conditions of your offer, but you are unable to provide us with evidence by 31 August, we cannot guarantee we will accept you.
It is your responsibility to provide the Admissions office with documentary evidence of the grade and not simply marks or modular results.
We will try to consider you if your re-mark is successful and you meet the conditions of your offer, but we cannot guarantee your offer will remain open.
If we are unable to place you for the 2017 entry, we may offer a deferred place for 2018.
Common App and direct entry applicants
Please contact us if you have missed the terms of your offer and have not received a final decision from us.
Common App applicants should contact Admissions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other direct entry applicants should get in touch with the admissions contact listed in the course finder entry (make sure you filter the list by 2017 entry).
If we can't offer you a place on the course you originally applied for, we may have vacancies available on other courses to suit you.