Nobel Prize winner announced as the University of Bristol’s next Chancellor 11 July 2016 Sir Paul Nurse, a Nobel Prize-winning scientist and former President of the Royal Society, has been named as the next Chancellor of the University of Bristol.
- Royal Fort Garden named as one of the best in Britain 27 July 2016 Public gardens in the centre of Bristol have been awarded a Green Flag Award – an accolade which officially makes it one of the best green spaces in the country.
- Prisoners pose biggest risk for HIV infection rates in the EECA 26 July 2016 Prisoners are likely to be the primary risk group for HIV infections in Eastern Europe in the next 15 years, researchers from the University of Bristol have found.
- Graduation, July 2016 22 July 2016 Congratulations to all our new graduates. Over 4,000 students have graduated in 17 ceremonies over six days in the Wills Memorial Building.
- Bristol GP wins major RCGP research award 22 July 2016 A Bristol GP and lecturer has been awarded the 2017 John Fry Award by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and Society of Academic Primary Care (SAPC).
- Magma build-up may put Salvadoran capital at risk 22 July 2016 The build-up of magma six kilometres below El Salvador's Ilopango caldera means the capital city of San Salvador may be at risk from future eruptions, University of Bristol researchers have found.
- New project helps visitors discover the lost palace of Whitehall 22 July 2016 A theatre expert from the University of Bristol has helped develop a brand new history experience in London, enabling visitors to explore the once magnificent Whitehall Palace, which was the largest palace in Europe before it was destroyed by fire in 1698.
- Honorary degrees awarded at the University of Bristol – Friday 22 July 22 July 2016 The University of Bristol is awarding honorary degrees to Dr Martin Kiszko, Ben Kane and Jane Camblin at degree ceremonies taking place today [22 July] in the Wills Memorial Building.
- New state-of-the-art microscopy facilities opened 21 July 2016 A new purpose-built microscopy suite to accommodate expansion of the University of Bristol Wolfson Bioimaging Facility was officially opened by Paul Ramsbottom, Chief Executive of the Wolfson Foundation on 8 July.
- Enterprise Fellowships to kick-start the quantum technology industry 21 July 2016 The University of Bristol's Quantum Technology Enterprise Centre (QTEC) is looking to recruit its first cohort of Enterprise Fellows that will be the next generation of quantum technology entrepreneurs.
- Honorary degrees awarded at the University of Bristol – Thursday 21 July 21 July 2016 The University of Bristol is awarding honorary degrees to Dr Wendy Ewart MBE, The Rt Hon. the Baroness Primarolo DBE and Professor Tim Palmer at degree ceremonies taking place today [21 July] in the Wills Memorial Building.