Industry partnership to create the world’s most accurate simulation of an aircraft jet engine 27 September 2018 The project could lead to an aircraft jet engine simulation so accurate that it could enable new engine designs to be certified before they are physically built.
- International scholars share their aspirations 12 October 2018 A warm welcome was received by over 100 students at the University of Bristol’s International scholar’s reception.
- Bristol Clear launches to promote support for research staff 11 October 2018 Bristol Clear, a newly named service bringing together the University’s resources and activities supporting research staff at Bristol, launched this week.
- Emeritus Professor Haydn Mason (1929-2018) 10 October 2018 Emeritus Professor and Senior Research Fellow, Haydn Trevor Mason died on 16th August 2018 a few months before his 90th birthday. His former colleague Dr Edward Forman has provided this tribute.
- Researchers appeal to parents to help them improve care after stillbirth 10 October 2018 Every year, thousands of people in the UK are affected by stillbirth. The loss of a baby has many effects on parents and their families in the short- and long-term and care is often inconsistent. To address how to measure the impact of the care bereaved families receive, researchers from the University of Bristol are appealing to parents who have experienced a stillbirth to find out what impact the loss has had on their health.
- Dame Parveen Kumar to give Elizabeth Blackwell Annual Public Lecture 10 October 2018 Dame Parveen Kumar, Professor at St Bartholomew's Hospital and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, is this year’s speaker for the free Elizabeth Blackwell Annual Public Lecture, in the Wills Memorial Building on 22 October.
- University of Bristol first in UK to launch ‘Science of Happiness’ course 10 October 2018 The University of Bristol has become the first UK university to launch a ‘Science of Happiness’ course, designed to teach students a set of science-based strategies for living a more fulfilling life.
- £4.9 million makeover transforms sports centre 10 October 2018 The first phase of the University of Bristol’s transformation of its Clifton campus is being unveiled today [10 October] with the official reopening of its Indoor Sports Centre, which has undergone a £4.9 million makeover.
- Harnessing silicon fabrication technology to build quantum optical circuits 9 October 2018 A new study by scientists from the University of Bristol brings us a significant step closer to unleashing the revolutionary potential of quantum computing by harnessing silicon fabrication technology to build complex on-chip quantum optical circuits.
- Calling all budding vets and vet nurses 9 October 2018 Aspiring vets and vet nurses will have the opportunity to explore and experience life as a student and find out what it's like to work in veterinary medicine at the Bristol Veterinary School on Saturday 27 October.
- Tackling Bristol’s ‘educational inequality crisis’ 9 October 2018 There is a shocking divide in educational opportunities for young people in Bristol depending on where they live in the city, new research from the University of Bristol has confirmed.