Chancellor completes the 52 Faces of Bristol 23 July 2015 A year-long campaign, going behind the scenes and getting to know the many people who make up the University of Bristol, draws to a close today [23 July].
- Berlin Wall artist comes to Bristol for Upfest 27 July 2015 World famous artist Thierry Noir, famed for being the first street artist to paint the Berlin Wall, has taken to the streets of Bristol for Upfest – Europe’s largest free street art and graffiti festival.
- End of an era: Sir Eric’s final degree ceremony 27 July 2015 Professor Sir Eric Thomas presided over his last degree ceremony as Bristol’s Vice-Chancellor on Friday 24 July in the Great Hall of the Wills Memorial Building.
- Shaun in the City artist reveals jungle inspiration 24 July 2015 The artist behind the exotic Shaun in the Jungle sculpture will be giving an exclusive insight into her work and inspiration when she visits the University of Bristol Botanic Garden on Tuesday [28 July].
- University co-hosts Community Interest Company 10-year anniversary celebration 24 July 2015 The Centre for Law and Enterprise at the University of Bristol Law School co-hosted an event earlier this month to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Community Interest Company (CIC), which helps social enterprises structure their businesses in ways that are compatible with their social, environmental and economic objectives.
- ACCIS students go back to school with composites research 24 July 2015 Researchers from the University’s EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Advanced Composites for Innovation and Science (ACCIS CDT) led an outreach event with a difference for Year 7 students at the Crypt School in Gloucester earlier this month.
- Reducing flood risk around the world 24 July 2015 How global flood risk models are being used to reduce flood impacts around the world is the subject of a new review by an international team of researchers, including scientists from the University of Bristol.
- Honorary degrees awarded at the University of Bristol – Friday, 24 July 24 July 2015 The University of Bristol is awarding honorary degrees to Ben Emmerson QC and Dr Wendy Darke at degree ceremonies taking place today [24 July] in the Wills Memorial Building.
- Graduating grandfather celebrates degree, aged 69 24 July 2015 A 69-year-old grandfather from Bristol has graduated after his dyslexia was finally diagnosed six years ago. Despite having a love of reading, Richard Abraham left school at 15 with no qualifications and had never written an essay in his life.
- First class honours for mum-of-four after ‘epiphany moment’ 23 July 2015 A single mum from Trowbridge, inspired to undertake a degree after a health scare and the death of her father, is embarking on her dream career after graduating with first class honours from the University of Bristol.
- Chancellor completes the 52 Faces of Bristol 23 July 2015 A year-long campaign, going behind the scenes and getting to know the many people who make up the University of Bristol, draws to a close today [23 July].