- Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
- Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- Scholarship information
- Meet current students online
Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
You can apply for undergraduate programmes either through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or the Common Application. Please use only one method of applying. If you are using UCAS to apply for other UK universities, please also make your University of Bristol application through UCAS and do not use the Common Application.
The UCAS code name and number for this University is BRISL B78.
Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-Levels will be considered for admission to our Bachelor degree courses.
Applicants with good grade profiles in one of the following may be considered for suitable undergraduate courses:
- Brevet de Technicien Superieur
- Certificat d'Aptitude Pédagogique pour les Collèges d'Enseignment Général
- Diplôme d'Etudes Economiques Générales (DEEG)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Juridiques Générales (DEJG)
- Diplôme d'Etudes Universitaires Générales (DEUG)
- Diplôme Universitaire d'Etudes Littéraires (DUEL)
- Diplôme Universitaire d'Etudes Scientifiques (DUES)
- Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie
Please note that competition for places at Bristol is very strong, so the achievement of the qualifications listed above does not guarantee that an offer will be made. We aim to get you a response as quickly as possible to help you plan your studies.
Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
You can apply online for all our postgraduate programmes.
The standard requirement for entry to a taught masters programme at Bristol is an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree that is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class degree (also known as a 2:1).Applicants holding the following with good grade profiles may be considered for postgraduate study:
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (DEA)
- Maîtrise - with very high grades
Think Big scholarships - New for 2018, the University of Bristol is delighted to launch the new Think Big scholarship scheme. 52 scholarships are available to international applicants for undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes at the University of Bristol. Information on eligibility and how to apply can be found at bristol.ac.uk/international-scholarships. If you have any specific queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Scholarships & Sponsors team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about scholarships is available from the University's Student Funding Office.
Meet current students online
The University Students' Union has a number of cultural societies. You can check their website to see the whole range of clubs and societies that are here.