Each of the five departments within the School of Humanities has a broad-reaching scope for ground-breaking research, each focusing on key areas.
There are six interdisciplinary Research Centres within the Faculty of Arts.
- Institute of Greece, Rome and the Classical Tradition
- Bristol Poetry Institute
- Buddhist Studies
- Christianity and Culture
- History of Music in Britain, the Empire and the Commonwealth
- Romantic and Victorian Studies
- Colonial and Postcolonial Societies
- Visual and Literary Cultures in France
Other groups associated with the School
- Cabot Institute
- Institute for Advanced Studies
- Special Collections
- Theatre Collection
- Worldwide Universities Network
Research in the Faculty
Our research forms part of the overall research activities and strategies of the Faculty of Arts.
Active research projects
For a list of current research projects in the school, please see the faculty research website's list of active research projects.
Looking to join us?
Interested in being a visiting researcher?
If you would like to be a visiting researcher at the University of Bristol, please see the School of Humanities' guidelines for visiting researchers, where you will also find an application form.