Stat-JR: a software environment for promoting interactive complex statistical modelling
- 29 Sept 2014: Stat-JR 1.0.2 has now been released! View the
- 9 April 2014: Multiple imputation for multilevel models with missing data - there is now a template, and supporting eBook,
available for download which conduct multiple imputation for 2-level models in Stat-JR. This incorporates the existing
REALCOM procedures, but provides a very much faster implementation.
- 28 March 2014: Stat-JR 1.0.1 has now been released! View the
The ideas behind Stat-JR (pronounced "stature") were the brainchild of
Jon Rasbash and have been developed since September 2009 by Bill Browne and colleagues at both the
Centre for Multilevel Modelling, in the University of Bristol, and Electronics and Computer Science, at the University of Southampton, as part of the ESRC nodes
Lemma II and
- Stat-JR is a universal gateway to many specialised statistical packages, providing tools to help users learn about statistical methods and their implementation in a range of statistical packages.
- As well as offering such
inter-operability, Stat-JR has its own estimation engines which can fit models no other statistical software caters for.
- Stat-JR offers a choice of different interfaces, including a point-and-click menu-driven interface (TREE), a command line interface, and an eBook-reader (DEEP); the latter allows users to produce interactive reports guiding readers through analyses.
- The modular structure of templates allows users to extend Stat-JR's functionality, facilitating the development, and dissemination, of new statistical methodologies and model families.
- See the
FAQs, user forum and
tutorials for further details of these, and many other, features.
Stat-JR has been developed using the Python programming language with the view that statistical users of all abilities can contribute to the development of new templates to answer specific questions.
Stat-JR is distributed with
MLwiN, and is therefore free to UK academics, and otherwise available for purchase.
Further details can be found on our
Ordering & Installing Stat-JR page.
If you have any queries regarding Stat-JR, you can check the
FAQs, use the forum, or report any bugs you find via the bug report form.