Postgraduate programmes in Biochemistry
Postgraduate training in biochemistry is organised through the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Our programmes cover all aspects of modern biochemistry, ranging from atomic level analyses of biological structures, including studies of the dynamics of DNA and proteins, through to the imaging of living cells and their components in whole organisms.
- BBSRC South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership
- Synthetic Biology Centre for Doctoral Training (SBCDT)
- Wellcome Trust PhD in Dynamic Cell Biology
- Wellcome Trust GW4 Clinical Academic Training PhD Programme (PDF, 226kB)
- MSc by Research
- Individual research projects (via findaphd.com)
Find out more about our research in the School of Biochemistry
For any queries about applying for our programmes, contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office
Phone: +44 (0)117 331 1535
Fax: +44 (0)117 331 1889
For more information on postgraduate programmes, funding, how to apply and more, visit the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Did you know?
After completing their higher degrees, over 75 per cent of our postgraduates pursue postdoctoral research either in academia or industry, both in the UK and abroad.
The best research students within the School of Biochemistry are recognised through the award each year of the Denton Prize.