Postgraduate programmes in Biochemistry
Postgraduate training in biochemistry is organised through the Graduate School of Life Sciences. Our programmes cover all aspects of modern biochemistry, ranging from atomic level analyses of biological structures, including studies of the dynamics of DNA and proteins, through to the imaging of living cells and their components in whole organisms.
The University hosts events for prospective students throughout the year, including our main postgraduate open day in November.
- BBSRC South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership
- Synthetic Biology Centre for Doctoral Training (SBCDT)
- Wellcome Trust PhD in Dynamic Cell Biology
- Wellcome Trust GW4 Clinical Academic Training PhD Programme (PDF, 226kB)
- MSc by Research
- Individual research projects (via findaphd.com)
Find out more about our research in the School of Biochemistry
For any queries about applying for our programmes, contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office
Phone: +44 (0)117 331 1535
Fax: +44 (0)117 331 1889
Did you know?
After completing their higher degrees, over 75 per cent of our postgraduates pursue postdoctoral research either in academia or industry, both in the UK and abroad.