Outreach day at Fynamore School, Wiltshire 18 January 2017
- Outreach day at Fynamore School, Wiltshire 18 January 2017
- Bristol Biochemistry's Dr Ash Toye's research explained to the future generation on 'Operation Ouch' 20 December 2016 Research from the University of Bristol has reached a new audience following the appearance of Dr Ashley Toye on the popular children’s programme Operation Ouch! Hospital take over.
- Redland Green students visit Biochemistry labs 13 December 2016
- Winterbourne International Academy Science Festival 13 December 2016 The School of Biochemistry were delighted to participate in the Science Festival at Winterbourne International Academy
- HRH Duke of Kent visits synthetic biology centre 25 November 2016 HRH Duke of Kent met staff and students at the University of Bristol’s Synthetic Biology Research Centre recently and saw some of the exciting and pioneering research being carried out there.
- Outreach Day at Christ Church Primary School, Bristol 24 November 2016
- Women in STEMM day, November 16th 2016 21 November 2016 Following on from the success of the ‘Ada Lovelace Day’ event from last year, the Equality and Diversity Office organised a ‘Women in STEMM’ day, which the School of Biochemistry were proud to be part of. Approximately 80-90 Year 8 and 9 pupils attended the event to listen to inspirational talks (one of which was given by Professor Kate Nobes), take part in a poster competition and visit a range of demonstrations.
- Tewksbury college students visit Bristol Biochemistry 21 November 2016
- Disovery of a monodisperse transmembrane α-helical peptide barrel published in Nature Chemistry 18 November 2016
- Science Day Prior Park Prep, Cricklade, Wiltshire 11 November 2016