Dr Paul Curnow wins University Award for Education in Bristol Teaching Awards 8 June 2017 The winners of the 2017 Bristol Teaching Awards, a joint venture between the University and Bristol SU, were announced at an Awards dinner, hosted by the Vice-Chancellor in the Great Hall of the Wills Memorial Building on Tuesday 6 June.
- Biochemistry graduates PhD placement successes 14 August 2017
- BrisSynBio start-up wins Unit DX lab space at Bio-Start Awards 2017 11 August 2017 BrisSynBio start-up, Zentraxa has been named 'Best South-West England SynBio Start-up' at the 2017 Bio-start Awards, winning three months of free laboratory space at Bristol-based innovation centre, Unit DX.
- Study of protein cages strengthens Bristol’s position at forefront of synthetic biology 9 August 2017 A multidisciplinary team from the Bristol BioDesign Institute has come together to study the self-assembly of protein building into protein cages, leading to new research which has potential applications in nanotechnology and synthetic biology.
- School of Biochemistry authors contribute publication and cover image for FEBS Open Bio 4 August 2017 The Journal ''FEBS Open Bio' dedicated the cover illustration of its August issue to the Research Article “Structural flexibility of human α‐dystroglycan” by Sonia Covaceuszach, Manuela Bozzi, Maria Giulia Bigotti, Francesca Sciandra, Petr Valeryevich Konarev, Andrea Brancaccio and Alberto Cassetta, a study carried out in collaboration between Bristol Biochemistry with the Istituto di Cristallografia (IC-CNR) and Istituto di Chimica del Riconoscimento Molecolare (ICRM-CNR) in Italy.
- Winners of the eBiolabs Video Competition 2017 26 July 2017 At the University of Bristol we encourage our students to be creative and confident free thinkers and we work with them to help us develop the curriculum.
- Big Bang Bristol 14 July 2017
- Insight into Bristol (Biomedical Sciences) 7 July 2017 Twenty-three students attended their neuroscience and biochemistry science-packed sessions for the Biomedical Sciences Insight into Bristol days on the 1st of July.
- Skirting Science 2017 4 July 2017
- Cabot Learning Federation Y10 Conference Day 29 June 2017
- Science Day, Upton St Leonards 8 June 2017