On Sunday 9th September we hosted our very first science festival for Children of the 90s participants, at Bristol's Colston Hall.
Presentations and audio
Once a video is playing, click in its bottom right corner to view it full-screen.
If you want a high-quality download of any of these videos for educational purposes, ask firstname.lastname@example.org .
The History of Children of the 90s
Professor Jean Golding
The past, present and future of Children of the 90s
Genetic discoveries in Children of the 90s
Dr Lavinia Paternoster and Dr Dave Evans
Reading between the headlines on the causes of obesity
Dr Laura Howe and Dr Kate Northstone
- Audio interview with Kate Northstone and Laura Howe: researching obesity with Children of the 90s (SoundCloud link)
From Blood to Tooth Fairies
Dr Sue Ring
- Powerpoint slides (Office document, 4,601kB)
- Audio interview: the Children of the 90s laboratories (SoundCloud link)
Gambling and other risk-taking activities
Professor Alan Emond
Tobacco and Cannabis: The lesser of two evils, or just two evils?
Professor Marcus Munafò and Suzi Gage
- Audio interview with Marcus Munafò: researching tobacco and mental health with Children of the 90s (SoundCloud link)
- Sex, Drugs and Puberty Questionnaires (play with Children of the 90s data online)
- Time of our lives: Images and words of women's views of mid-life
- Posters of Research findings
- Information stalls
- The day closed with a "Question Time" panel of Children of the 90s researchers, chaired by Adam Rutherford.