Hiatt Baker Hall North Residential Village
Hiatt Baker is the University’s largest hall of residence. Built in the 1960s, the catered section is comprised of blocks of accommodation, with shared bathroom and basic kitchen facilities. The self-catered section opened in 2014 and consists of blocks of flats all with en suite bedrooms, and spacious townhouses.
From £152 per week
Images and video of Hiatt Baker Hall
Photography is representative - room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Hiatt Baker Hall
Getting to the campus
- 2.2 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes cycle
- Approximately 16 minutes bus journey
Parry's Lane, Bristol, BS9 1AD
Based at our North Residential Village, a campus of accommodation housing over 2,000 students. The site includes gardens and space for socialising and relaxing, and the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Avon Gorge, Ashton Court and Leigh Woods are all within walking distance. The North Village is two miles from the University campus, and there is a regular bus service running to the University (bus passes are included in your accommodation fee). Students living in our North Village Residences have access to a 24/7 Student Support Centre based in Hiatt Baker.
Accommodation fees for 2021/22
|Room type available||Available beds||Weekly fee||Total fee||Tenancy length (weeks)|
Single – Standard Plus
Single w/basin – Standard
En suite - Standard
Single w/basin – Basic – half board
En suite – Plus – half board
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of either 38 weeks (18 Sept 2021 to 11 June 2022) or 42 weeks (18 Sept 2021 - 9 July 2022) depending on the room type, and covers the duration of the academic year. You must ensure you have familiarised yourself with the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us and are prepared to pay rent for the full tenancy duration before you proceed with your accommodation application.
- Catered and self-catered
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol who are the landlord.
- Catered flats in old style blocks
- Self-catered flats, floors and townhouses (8-24 students) each have a one spacious kitchen/diner
- Blocks roughly 9-12 students share a bathroom. Townhouse rooms have no basin, only 2 share shower
- Catered blocks have two basic kitchen areas on each floor of 21-30 students
- Adapted rooms for people with restricted mobility available
- Adapted rooms for wheelchair users available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- Single beds in old blocks and flats, small double beds (4ft/122cm wide) in townhouse
- Internet access (ResNet) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Study room
- Sports facilities
How to apply
To apply for this residence you will need to add it as one of your preferences when making your accommodation application. Choice of residence is not guranteed and rooms are not allocated on a first come first served basis. Every applicant stands an equal chance of being allocated one of their preferences. See our information on choosing your preferences for more information.