Clifton Hill House West Residential Village
Clifton Hill House is a catered hall in Clifton. The main house dates from the 18th century and has been used as a residence since the University was founded in 1909. Students now live in more recent buildings within the grounds of the house.
From £160 per week
Images and video of Clifton Hill House
Photography is representative - room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of Clifton Hill House
Getting to the campus
- 0.7 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
Lower Clifton Hill, BS8 1BX
One of our West Village Residences, which are largely based in and around the Clifton area. Clifton is a popular and picturesque suburb of Bristol known for its Georgian architecture, cafe culture and green spaces. Covering a fairly wide area, from the University campus to the Suspension Bridge, Clifton offers a mixed selection of busy shopping and nightlife areas as well as quiet residential areas. Students living in our West Village Residences have access to a 24/7 Student Support Centre based in Clifton Hill House.
Accommodation fees for 2021/22
Room types available
Twin room - Basic - half board
Single - Basic - half board
Single w/basin - Basic - half board
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of 42 weeks - 18 September 2021 to 9 July 2022 and covers the duration of the academic year. You must ensure you have familiarised yourself with the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us and are prepared to pay rent for the full tenancy duration before you proceed with your accommodation application.
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol who are the landlord.
- Most floors are mixed; some single sex floors according to demand
- Bath/shower rooms shared by 5-6 students
- Basic kitchen areas on each floor/block shared by 14-24 students
- Adapted rooms for hearing impaired people available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- All beds single size
- Internet access (ResNet) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Limited parking available with permit
- Common room
- Music practice room
- Study room
- Sports facilities
How to apply
To apply for this residence you will need to add it as one of your preferences when making your accommodation application. Choice of residence is not guranteed and rooms are not allocated on a first come first served basis. Every applicant stands an equal chance of being allocated one of their preferences. See our information on choosing your preferences for more information.