Clifton Hill House
Clifton Hill House is the only catered hall in the Clifton area.The main house dates from the 18th century and has been used as a hall of residence since the foundation of the University in 1909. The majority of students are now housed in more recent buildings within the grounds of the house.
From £166 per week
Location of Clifton Hill House
Getting to the campus
- 0.7 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
Lower Clifton Hill, BS8 1BX
Clifton is a popular and picturesque suburb of Bristol known for its Georgian architecture, cafe culture and green spaces. Covering a fairly wide area, from the University campus to the Suspension Bridge, Clifton offers a mixed selection of busy shopping and nightlife areas as well as quiet residential areas.
|Room type||Number of places||Fees|
|Single no basin (basic)||1||£6,529.74 per year
£155.47 per week
|Single no basin (small)||144||£6,964.86 per year
£165.83.00 per week
|Single with basin||72||£7,105.98 per year
£169.19 per week
|Shared||8||£5,265.54 per year
£125.37 per week
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of 42 weeks (18 September 2016 to 8 July 2017) and covers the duration of the academic year.
Find out more about what's included in your fees and the additional costs that are payable.
- Owned and managed by the University of Bristol
- Most floors are mixed; some single sex floors according to demand
- Bath/shower rooms shared by 5-6 students
- Basic kitchen areas on each floor/block shared by 14-24 students
- Adapted rooms for hearing impaired people available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- All beds single size
- Internet access (ResNet) in rooms
- Bike storage
- Limited parking available with permit
- Common room
- Hall bar
- Music practice room
- Study room
- Sports facilities
Contact us about this residence
Tel: +44 (0)117 903 5179
Website: Clifton Hill House
Warden Tom Richardson Student Support Advisers: Sarah Plumbridge & Jo-Anna Vincent You can visit on open days. To visit at any other time contact the residence.