New Bridewell East Residential Village
New Bridewell is a self-catered residence for undergraduate students, based in the heart of Bristol’s city centre. It offers high-quality en suite accommodation in a modern setting. New Bridewell opened for the first time in 2016.
From £179 per week
Images and video of New Bridewell
Photography is representative - room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of New Bridewell
Getting to the campus
- 0.7 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
New Bridewell, Nelson Street, Bristol , BS1 2BA
This residence is part of our East Residential Village. Home to nearly 4000 of our students, the East Village residences are based in and around Bristol city centre. East Village Residences are within easy walking distance of the University campus, and benefit from an endless supply of shops, cafes and bars. Nearby shopping centres include Cabot Circus, The Galleries and Broadmead, which together have over 500 stores, cafes and restaurants. There are cinemas and theatres, as well as Bristol’s vibrant Harbourside, which hosts many festivals and events throughout the year, and is a popular area for nights out. Students living in our East Village Residences have access to a 24/7 Student Support Centre based in The Hawthorns. Find out more about the East Residential Village.
Accommodation fees for 2021/22
|Room types available||Available beds||Weekly fee||Total fee|
|En suite - Standard||402||£179.00||£7,518.00|
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of 42 weeks - 18 September 2021 to 9 July 2022 and covers the duration of the academic year. You must ensure you have familiarised yourself with the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us and are prepared to pay rent for the full tenancy duration before you proceed with your accommodation application.
- Run in partnership with Fresh Student Living, the University is the landlord.
- This residence cannot be allocated to students who require assistance with evacuating the building
- All rooms en suite - with a basin, toilet and shower cubicle
- Flats shared between 4 - 6 students
- Some alcohol-free flats are available
- Some single-sex flats are available
- All beds small double size (4ft/122cm wide) with storage space underneath
- Internet access (StudentCom) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Common room
- Study room
How to apply
To apply for this residence you will need to add it as one of your preferences when making your accommodation application. Choice of residence is not guranteed and rooms are not allocated on a first come first served basis. Every applicant stands an equal chance of being allocated one of their preferences. See our information on choosing your preferences for more information.