Procedures, policies and service level agreements
Here you will find Residential and Hospitality Services policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Rent arrears procedure (PDF, 319KB) for students living in University-allocated accommodation.
- Disciplinary procedures (PDF, 242KB) for students living in University-allocated accommodation
- Disciplinary flowchart (PDF, 175kb) for the application of the disciplinary procedure
Very occasionally students are unhappy with their accommodation or the services they are receiving. For any concerns that you wish to escalate, please initially visit our reporting problems page and follow the guidance to make us aware of your concerns. The Accommodation Office will then try and resolve the issue via this first stage informal process.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have a number of options:
- you can make a formal complaint to the University Secretary,
- if you live in a University owned property you can complain to the UUK Student Accommodation Code,
- if you live in a property owned by a partner you can complain via ANUK.
If all these avenues have been exhausted you may be able to complain to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education, which provides an independent scheme for the review of student complaints. The OIA will consider cases only when the University’s own internal complaints and appeal procedures have been exhausted.
- Policy for housing under 18-year-old students (PDF, 184KB)
- Good neighbour policy (PDF, 188KB)
- Postal policy for University-owned residences (PDF, 1MB)
- Arrears recovery procedure (PDF)