The application process
Applications for University couple and family accommodation for 2019/20 are now open. Please ensure you have read the following information before progressing to the application form;
When you access the application system for the first time, you will need to:
- Verify your details by entering your student number and the email address that you used when you applied for your course, and wait for the verification email to arrive. This can take up to an hour
- Please only complete the confirm your details page once. Filling it out more than once adds to the backlog and increases the time it takes for the verification email to reach you.
- The link in the email is only valid for an hour from the time you completed the form, so once you receive the email you need to click on the link.
- If the link expires, for example because the email was delayed or because you didn’t click on it within an hour, please wait for approximately 24 hours and then complete the steps above again.
- Click the link in the email to set up a unique username and password for the application system. Please keep your password safe as you will need it again to access your accommodation offer when it is sent to you.
To log on to the form and apply, you will need to have accepted an offer of study at Bristol as your first choice.
Problems logging into the application system?
Please check that you:
- are using your student number (found on your offer letter) and not your applicant ID;
- have accepted your offer of study a day before or earlier. The University's student records system is updated overnight so if you have accepted your offer of study today, try again tomorrow.
Offers will be sent out from 8 July.
Help with finding accommodation in the private sector
If you missed the application deadline, or your application for University-allocated couple and family accommodation is unsuccessful, you can make an appointment with one of our Accommodation Officers, who can advise you on finding accommodation in the private sector. During the appointment we will discuss your needs, such as the size of accommodation you're looking for, your budget and your preferred location. We will talk you through the process of looking for private rented accommodation, and give you general advice on renting.
The appointment can be face-to-face at the Accommodation Office or on the telephone for those students not already in Bristol. If you would like to make an appointment, please complete our online appointment form.
Check out the facts
Download our couple and family factsheet (PDF, 396KB) for more guidance.