Annual Programme Review
All programmes at the University of Bristol should go through an Annual Programme Review (APR), which is one of the central elements of the University's quality assurance and enhancement (QA&E) framework. The Quality Assurance and Enhancement Process Pyramid (PDF, 33kB) shows how APR relates to this framework. Features of the APR process are:
- Each year a school should gather feedback on its taught and research programmes from students, staff and external examiners. Any reflections or reports on individual units should also be taken into account, together with statistical information such as student progression rates, proportions of degrees awarded by classification, etc. All these elements should then be discussed at a school meeting and a summary report written using the relevant template (see below) - the APR. This report should outline the positive features of the programme(s) and any actions to be taken.
- APR reports should be sent to the AQPO (at email@example.com), who will ensure that the FQT and Faculty Office also receive a copy.
- APR reports are considered by the relevant FQT during its interactions with the school. They should also be used to inform the production of a self-evaluation document for School Review.
Submission dates for 2015/16 APR
- Undergraduate APR - 30th November 2016
- Taught postgraduate APR - 31st January 2017
- Research postgraduate APR - 31st January 2017
Please use the following documents when planning your APR meeting and preparing your APR report.
Please also see additional guidance, which can be used to aid reflection on issues specific to: joint honours programmes
and the review of inter-disciplinary units that are not connected to a programme.
APR Report Templates
APR reports must be submitted using the standard University template. This ensures that all issues relevant to APR have been covered and promotes consistency between programmes in their approach to quality assurance. The template also enables ease of reference to particular issues in the APR report during subsequent quality enhancement processes (e.g. FQT visits, School Reviews).
The correct version of the APR template must be used to produce the APR report. APR reports submitted on the incorrect version will be returned.
If you have any queries about the APR process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.