The Wolfson Bioimaging Facility's state-of the-art equipment and services are available to any University of Bristol researcher and are also used by visitors from other universities, research institutes and companies.
Use of the facility must comply with the University's research governance and integrity policy. Potential external users should contact us about availability of equipment. This page contains important information for all users.
All new users must be trained by one of the facility staff before using our equipment.
Supervisors are advised to discuss planned facility use for undergraduate projects. Our support team cannot normally offer training or supervision for such projects due to time constraints.
We have to charge for microscope use to recover running costs.
- Light microscopy: LM charges. (UoB only)
- Electron microscopy: EM charges.(UoB only)
- Information for external visitors can be found here
All users are required to read the appropriate safety documents.
- Light microscopy: LM safety presentation and LM safety documents.
- Electron microscopy: Before starting work in the EM unit users will be fully inducted in the necessary safety procedures by one of the EM team.
- This short safety presentation is a useful reminder for all users and visitors of the main hazards encountered in the EM lab.
Wolfson Bioimaging Facility
Faculty of Life Sciences
Biomedical Sciences Building
University of Bristol
If you publish data from Wolfson Bioimaging Facility supported research please let us know and acknowledge us in your publication and on Pure.
The facility is grateful for funding from: