BVI Seminar Series
Our seminars run from 16.00-17.00 GMT, term-time. Please keep checking this page, as our schedule is regularly being updated.
BVI seminars feature both internal and external speakers with expertise in the field of vision. All talks are pitched to have broad appeal and are free to attend.
Since lockdown, we have successfully moved our seminars online and we shall continue to deliver them via Zoom until further notice.
2020 BVI Seminars
- 16.10.20 - BVI Management team, University of Bristol, "Introduction to Bristol Vision Institute"
- 06.11.20 - Dr James Barnett, Postdoctoral Researcher, McMaster University - 'Find the frog: frog camouflage and a changing visual environment'
- 20.11.20 - Professor Kirsten Cater, (University of Bristol) Professor Mandy Rose, (UWE) and Professor Danae Stanton Fraser, (University of Bath), "Virtual Realities: Immersive Documentary Encounters"
- 04.12.20 - Dr Pui Anantrasirichai and Dr Paul Hill, Research Fellows in the Visual Information Laboratory, University of Bristol, ''Learning-based detection and time-series prediction of ground motion InSAR data'
2021 BVI Seminars
- 05.02.21 - Professor Marc Holderied, Professor of Sensory Ecology, School of Biological Science, University of Bristol - 'Seeing with sound - acoustic camouflage against biosonar'
- 16.04.21 - Dr Laszlo Talas and Dr John Fennell, Bristol Veterinary School, University of Bristol - From camouflage to cattle: machine learning approaches in animal sensing and biometrics
- 21.05.21 - Becky Maguire, Postgraduate Researcher, University of St Andrews - "Searching in clutter: The effect of feature congestion in leaf litter"
- 25.06.21 - Professor Melissa Le-Hoa Vo, Institute of Psychology, Goethe University of Frankfurt - title tbc
If you have any suggestions about speakers who you think might be suitable to give a BVI Seminar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with further details.
Otherwise, please check back regularly, as we are constantly adding speakers to our schedule.
BVI Seminar Series
Our seminars will take place via Zoom for the foreseeable future.
Joining instructions for each seminar can be found on the same page as the seminar description.
For details of our previous seminars please click HERE.