Mobile test site for PCR tests
Get a PCR coronavirus test so we can identify infection early and break the chain of transmission.
As infection rates are rising, we have set up a mobile test site to make it easier for you to get tested. The results of PCR tests help NHS Test and Trace contact people who may have caught the virus from you. They can then self-isolate and avoid passing it on to others.
Who can use the site
The site is open to all University of Bristol students, staff and local residents.
The service is for both people with and without symptoms (asymptomatic).
If you have symptoms
You should self-isolate immediately and arrange to take a PCR test. You can leave home to get or post a test. Do not leave home until you get your test results.
If you don't have symptoms (asymptomatic)
You can also use this service if:
- you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive
- you've been asked to get a test by a local council or someone from NHS Test and Trace
- a doctor (GP) or other health professional has asked you to get a test
- you've been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result
- you've received an unclear result and were told to get a second test
- you need to get a test for someone you live with who has symptoms
Do not arrange to have a PCR test if you have received a positive PCR test result in the last 90 days, unless you develop any new symptoms of COVID-19.
Where the site is located
The site is located at University Hall car park, North Village, Parry's Lane, BS9 1AR.
When it is open
The site is open 7 days a week: 9 am to 3 pm.
How to book a PCR test
- Book a test using the government booking system. The site ID for the test site at University Hall car park is VGJ. Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Telephone 119 if you need help getting a test.
If you have to self-isolate
Find out about the different types of coronavirus test.