Our policies and approach
Read important policies and statements about our wellbeing provision and services.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Our Student Strategy March 2022 (PDF 866KB)
- Confidentiality statement (applies to all student facing services)
- Our joint commitment to sexual violence and harassment
- Drugs and alcohol harm reduction statement
- Suicide: prevention and approach
Consent to contact a parent or supporter
We recognise our students as independent adults. We therefore need your consent to talk to anyone outside the University about you, including a parent or guardian.
All students must provide emergency contact details, which will be used in any emergency, but you can also opt in to allow the university to inform your emergency contact when we have concerns about your welfare.
Find out more about how and when we use your emergency contact details and the options available to you.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) survey
During the summer term of 2020, the University and Bristol SU asked students to share their experiences of education and wellbeing during the pandemic.
As a result of student feedback, we've made changes to many areas of support for both wellbeing and study. Find out what we've done.