Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Postgraduate scholarships for applicants from low and middle income Commonwealth countries. Funded jointly with the UK Department for International Development.
There are eight awards in 2020/21 for students studying an eligible one-year taught postgraduate programme. The Shared Scholarship covers:
- tuition fees
- maintenance/living cost stipend
- return flights
- thesis grant
- study travel grant (if applicable)
- a one-off arrival allowance.
You can apply if you:
- are from the list of countries included in the scheme;
- are expected to hold a first degree at either first-class or upper second-class level;
- meet English language requirements before the application deadline;
- are not presently living or studying in a developed country, and have not previously studied in a developed country.
Read the full eligibility criteria.
Apply for the scholarship using the Commonwealth Commission’s EAS system.
You will also need to apply for a place on an eligible master’s programme at the University.
Applications for the 2020/21 academic year are now closed. The application deadline was 18 December 2019.
This page will be updated with information about 2021/22 entry later in the year.