Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Postgraduate scholarships for applicants from low and middle income Commonwealth countries. Funded jointly with the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
There are seven awards in 2021/22 for students studying an eligible one-year taught postgraduate programme. Visit the terms and conditions for details.
The Shared Scholarship covers:
- tuition fees
- maintenance/living cost stipend
- return flights
- thesis grant
- study travel grant (if applicable)
- a one-off arrival allowance.
You can apply if you:
- are from the list of countries included in the scheme;
- are expected to hold a first degree at either first-class or upper second-class level;
- meet English language requirements before the application deadline;
- are not presently living or studying in a developed country, and have not previously studied in a developed country.
You will also need to apply for a place on an eligible master's programme at the University.
Applications for 2021/22 entry will close at 4 pm UK time on 9 April 2021.