Entering bank details to receive payments via BACS
Scholarship, bursary and stipend payments are made directly to your UK bank account via BACS. Follow these instructions to submit your bank details so that we can pay you.
Before you start
You will need the following information:
- Your bank account number (this is always eight digits).
- Your bank's sort code (this is six digits, sometimes separated by hyphens, eg 20-08-40).
How to enter your bank details in MyBristol
- Log in to the MyBristol portal.
- Select Admin from the Technology – More menu.
- In the Fees and Funding box, select the link where it says 'clicking here'.
- This will take you through to a page titled Your financial statement – invoices and payments made. On this page, select Manage Bank Details.
- If you have not yet submitted your bank details, you will be given the option to do so here. In the Review Bank Details section, select Create.
- Enter the account number, sort code and account name.
- Bank account name refers to the name of the account holder, not the name of your bank.
- Select Validate, then select Confirm.
- A confirmation screen will show you the details you have entered. If you are happy, select Confirm.
Update your bank details
If you have previously entered your bank details but now need to amend them, you will need to make the change in MyBristol and phone Student Services so that we can validate your identity. Your new bank details cannot be used until you have spoken to one of our advisers and we have processed the change.
Download a PDF version of these instructions, including screen shots.
Payments are processed up to seven days before the scheduled payment date. Do not make any changes to your bank details during this period. Doing so will cause the transaction to fail, which will cause a significant delay to your payment.