Applications are now closed
Black Futures Scholarship
These scholarships are for Black UK applicants, towards your first year of undergraduate study and employability opportunities.
Up to 20 awards of £2,000 are available in 2022/23. There is up to an additional £2,500 of funding support for employability opportunities, such as internships, placements or summer research programmes.
Successful applicants will be enrolled on the Futures Scholarship programme. You will be supported by the Futures Scholarships co-ordinator to access career guidance and advice on University opportunities for personal and professional development.
Recipients are expected to come to periodic meetings with relevant University team members.
These awards are funded by donations from University of Bristol alumni and friends.
You can apply if you:
- have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- are a UK applicant for full-time undergraduate study
- have an offer (or are awaiting a decision) to study for an undergraduate degree starting in 2022/23
- can demonstrate financial need.
Students from any subject can apply - read the full eligibility criteria.
How to apply
Apply using the online application form.
The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 24 April 2022 with no exceptions.
The date when you will be told whether your scholarship application was successful will be confirmed.