Find out how to register so you can start your studies and become part of our community.
Registration is a two-part process:
- In person.
How to register online
- You will need:
- your student number (found at the top of your offer document) or your UCAS personal ID (undergraduate students only).
- your family name and date of birth.
- Check your details are correct.
- Confirm your acceptance of the Student Agreement conditions.
- Create a password, keep it secure until you have memorised it.
- Print out your Certificate of Registration.
- Print out your Document Checklist if one is produced for you.
Register in person
You need to register in person to confirm your attendance and to collect your University Card (UCard) and other documentation.
What you need to bring to register
Bring a printed copy of your Certificate of Registration. We do not accept electronic versions.
If you don't have a printed copy, you may have to queue for longer when registering in person.
Where to go to register
You need to go to your faculty office to complete registration.
When you register online, our system may produce a Document Checklist for you. If it does, you must attend a Document Check before you register in person.
What Document Checks involve
If you are an international student (non-EEA or Non-Swiss), you will have your passport and visa checked.
Documents to bring
- A printed copy of your Document Checklist.
- A printed copy of your Certificate of Registration.
- All documents listed on your Document Checklist.
You will be able to print your Checklist and your Certificate of Registration when you register online.
Where to go for Document Checks
Go to the Student Information Service at 5 Tyndall Avenue to complete your Document Checks.
Problems with registering
Contact your faculty office if you are unable to register online.
Upload a photo for your UCard.
This card is your identification, library card and key to buildings.