Short-term summer accommodation
Current students can apply for short-term summer accommodation in a University residence, subject to availability.
Accommodation for summer 2024 has not yet been confirmed. Further information will be updated by May 2024.
We offer short-term summer accommodation in some of our University residences.
To be eligible for short-term summer accommodation, you must:
- be a current University of Bristol student
- be up to date with your rent payments.
Short-term summer accommodation will be very limited.
How to apply for short-term summer accommodation
To apply, you need to:
- Log in to the Accommodation Portal.
- Select “Short-term summer accommodation” from the menu on the right hand side.
- In the application, we will ask you to:
- tell us your preferred check-in date. This must be at least 5 working days after submitting your application
- tell us your preferred check-out date
- tell us your nightly accommodation budget
- disclose any accommodation needs you may have. Be aware that we may not be able to accommodate your needs.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting your application.
If you want to amend or cancel your application, email email@example.com.
Allocation and offers process
We need at least 5 working days to process applications.
If a suitable room is available on the dates you have requested, we will send you an offer. We will aim to contact you no later than 1 week before your requested check-in date.
We will ask you to login to the Accommodation Portal to view and respond to your offer. You must respond by the deadline stated in the offer email. Failure to do so will mean your offer will be cancelled.
If a room within your stated budget is not available we will contact you to discuss alternatives. If a suitable room is not available, you will need to look for accommodation in the private sector.
Paying for your short-term summer accommodation
You can view your invoice on your financial statement. This will be available within seven working days of accepting your offer.
You will then have 30 days to pay for your short-term summer accommodation. For payment instructions, visit our Pay your fees page.
You will also need to pay a £50 cleaning fee.