Easter opening hours 2019
The Student Counselling Service is open at the following times during the Easter break:
8th - 12th April - Service open and running as usual
Monday 15th - Thursday 18th April - open as usual, Friday 19th April - closed
Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd April - closed, Wednesday 24th - Friday 26th April - open for administrative queries 9am-5pm.
29th April 2019 - Open as usual
If you are concerned about any of these times of closure, please do talk to your counsellor or another member of the counselling team in advance.
Student Counselling Service
Third Floor, Hampton House, St Michael's Hill, Bristol BS6 6AU
Monday to Thursday: 9 am to 5 pm
Friday: 9 am to 4 pm
We are closed for meetings on Tuesdays from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
Outside hours - by appointment only
Limited appointments are available outside of usual opening hours. Appointments are available until 8 pm on Monday to Thursday.
To access the centre during outside hours, you must:
- Use the intercom on the ground floor to let your counsellor know you have arrived. The intercom is located on the wall next to the lifts.
- You can then walk up the stairs to the left of the intercom, or enter the lift on the left and we will call it up to the third floor.
+44 (0)117 394 0123
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday: 9 am to 5 pm
Friday: 9 am to 4 pm
You can find us at Hampton House, St Michael’s Hill BS6 6AU.
- Evening opening (after 5pm): You will need to use the intercom on the ground floor to let your counsellor know you are here.
- By bike: There are bike racks located directly outside Hampton House, to the left of the main entrance (see Streetview).
- By bus: Service 9 (Temple Meads-Clifton Down) & Service 72 (Temple Meads-UWE Frenchay) both stop on Cotham Road just around the corner. Bus stops near Hampton House.
- By car: Limited pay & display parking is available locally - see maps for Cotham and Kingsdown. We do not have any dedicated patient parking at Hampton House.
- We have counsellors available who can speak Spanish and German.
- Our toilets are gender neutral.
- We have a hearing loop available in the third-floor reception area.
- The lift is accessible for wheelchairs. If you are unable to use the stairs in the event of a fire alarm, we can see you in an accessible room or create a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) with you.
We are always keen to receive feedback so that we can improve the Student Counselling Service.