Bristol Quantum Information Institute
World-leading theory, experiment and application of quantum information
Quantum information and its translation into technologies is one of the most exciting research activities in science and technology today.
Long at the forefront of the growing worldwide activity in this area, the Bristol Quantum Information Institute crystalises our research across the entire spectrum, from theory to technology.
With our expert cross-disciplinary team, including founders of the field, we have expertise in all major areas of theoretical quantum information science and in experiment.
We foster partnerships with the private sector and provide superb teaching and training for the future generation of quantum scientists and engineers and the prototypes of tomorrow.
- Revolutionary quantum breakthrough paves way for safer online communication 2 September 2020
- Quantum leap: Bristol’s photon discovery is a major step toward large-scale quantum technologies 20 May 2020
- First chip-to-chip quantum teleportation harnessing silicon photonic chip fabrication 23 December 2019
Find out more about our staff and their work.
Career and study opportunities
Postgraduate study opportunities
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Quantum Engineering Centre for Doctoral Training
If you are interested in postgraduate study, you are also welcome to contact individual members of staff directly.