Get your skates on for the Travel Options Fair
14 October 2015
Staff and students are invited to the University’s most comprehensive travel options event yet on Tuesday 20 October. The Travel Options Fair will take place from 11 am to 3 pm in Royal Fort Gardens, opposite Senate House.
This drop-in event is free of charge and is designed to help members of the University community assess different ways of travelling to and from the workplace/campus.
The fair will feature a host of activities, including:
- Raffle: the more stalls you visit, the more raffle tickets you get. Prizes include a bicycle, Amazon vouchers, Service 16 bus tickets, and free massage vouchers
- Electric bike taster sessions
- Sport, Exercise and Health stage: studio cycling mini-classes and wattbike challenge
- Led walking group, 12.30 pm to 1 pm, from the Sport, Exercise and Health stand
- Led beginner-level running group, 12.15 pm from the Sport, Exercise and Health stand
- Free bus taster tickets
- Cycle clinic: free bicycle servicing (excluding spare parts) outside the Sports Centre
- Cycle maintenance demonstrations
- Smoothie bike: cycle on a static bicycle and earn a free smoothie
- Cycle lock and light sale: high-quality accessories discounted for students and available to staff at cost price
- Cycle-powered music sound system, courtesy of the University of Bristol Cycling Club.
A range of exhibitors will be on hand, including:
- Sustainability – Transport: information on University travel policies, including car-parking
- University Cycle to Work Scheme: provided by Cycle Solutions
- Sport, Exercise and Health: support for active travellers through the University’s sports facilities
- Bristol Student Union (SU) Sustainability: student sustainability initiatives via Get Green
- Get Active: ways of keeping active through Bristol SU Get Active programme
- Travelwest: Roadshow
- Walkit.com: urban walking journey planner
- Bristol Pedal Revolution: social enterprise dedicated to local manufacture and up-cycling of bicycles, trailers and pedal-powered machines
- Life Cycle UK: cycling advice and training
- Bike UK: participant in the University Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Bike Store: participant in the University Cycle to Work Scheme
- Dash Bristol cycle couriers: options for transporting items across the University and city by bicycle
- Wessex Bus
- First Bus
- Great Western Railway
- Fowlers: motorcycles, scooters and accessories, plus special offers for University staff
- Co-wheels: public access car club run as a social enterprise
- Zipcar: pay-as-you-go car rental.
Amy Heritage, Sustainability Manager (Transport) at the University of Bristol, said: ‘Sustainable travel and transport is a high priority for the University. The fair is an opportunity for staff and students to find out more about our Travel Plan, including the new arrangements for car-parking and the measures in place to encourage members of our community to seek environmentally and financially sustainable travel solutions.’
For further information on the Travel Options Fair and the University’s Travel Plan, visit www.bristol.ac.uk/transportplan.