Tree of Kindness and Cash for Kids 9 December 2021 As the festive season approaches, the School is encouraging staff and students to take a moment to share their thoughts and well wishes and contribute to the Schools ‘Tree of Kindness’.
- Tree of Kindness and Cash for Kids 9 December 2021 As the festive season approaches, the School is encouraging staff and students to take a moment to share their thoughts and well wishes and contribute to the Schools ‘Tree of Kindness’.
- Women and Non-Binary People in Mathematics event 19 November 2021 On 9 and 10 November the school hosted its annual Women and Non-Binary People in Mathematics event.
- Models and methods for analysing forensic DNA profiles discussed in new paper 18 October 2021 Professor Peter Green and honorary professor Julia Mortera have published an article in the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C, Applied Statistics, on inference about complex relationships using peak height data from DNA mixtures.
- School of Mathematics academics awarded Turing Fellowship 4 October 2021 Six academics from the Institute for Statistical Science have been awarded Turing Fellowships from The Alan Turing Institute.
- The School Congratulates 6 September 2021 The School congratulates the following who now have new roles.
- A welcome to new staff 6 September 2021 The school extends a warm welcome to the following new staff.
- Fry Conference Series: Statistics at Bristol: Future Results and You 2021 - 16th September – 17th September 2021 3 September 2021
- Heilbronn Annual Conference 9 - 10 September, online 3 September 2021 The Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research (HIMR) Annual Conference is the Institute's flagship event.
- School of Mathematics Professor named in Bristol Live's Cool List 1 September 2021 Oliver Johnson, Professor of Information Theory has been named in Bristol Live's Cool List 2021.
- Paper accepted in the Annals of Statistics 22 July 2021 Dr Henry Reeve has had a paper accepted in the Annals of Statistics.