Undergraduates: Do More With Law
Brilliant prospects. Diverse careers.
We believe every student is unique - with different strengths and ambitions. We offer an exciting, diverse range of undergraduate units and many opportunities to explore careers within or beyond law. Supported by academics and alumni that are leaders in their fields, studying here will enrich your learning experience and see you do more with law than you ever imagined possible.
We combine a research-rich education with practical experiences of law. Our students graduate with a qualification respected around the globe and the skills to pursue top-flight careers in law or beyond.
Law is a global profession. Our joint honours courses provide an understanding of more than one legal system, language and culture, opening up a world of opportunity.
Our second- and third-year units provide increased flexibility to focus on what interests you most and reflect the research specialisms of our globally-renowned academics. Options range from banking and finance, international and commercial law to criminology, race, employment, IT, health and human rights law. Our third-year Clinical Legal Studies option embeds real-life experience into the curriculum.
Booking for our undergraduate virtual open week in June will open later this year. Register your interest now to receive a reminder to book nearer the time.
Through our Human Rights Law Clinic, a student-led Pro Bono legal services and initiatives such as the Freedom Law Clinic, you can gain recognised, real-life experience of law that employers in a wide range of sectors will value. Further opportunites include mentoring schemes and legal tech placements.
Watch students talking about some of the Law Clinic projects they are working on.
Take a look at the Law School Employability Blog and gain insight into the opportunities our students have to start shaping their future careers.
- A world-leading law school, #48 in latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Law 2020
- Law School ranked #4 for most trainees recruited by top law firms, Chambers Student Guide 2019
- Law School ranked 8th in England and Wales in latest, Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- A Top 10 UK Law School for higher graduate prospects, IFS Study 2018
- The largest legal centre outside of London (CBRE) with access to global law firms, policy makers, NGOs, alumni mentors and more
- Home to a diverse range of internationally recognised centres of research excellence and world-renowned experts
- Exciting opportunities for real-life experiences of law through our Human Rights Law Clinic and student-led Pro Bono legal service