Outdated housing laws need ‘desperate reform’ in the wake of Grenfell 14 November 2017 Housing laws are ‘out-dated, complex and patchily enforced’, according to a major new report which calls for a new Housing Act to be introduced in the wake of the Grenfell tragedy.
- Law School Professor submits evidence for government Brexit Committees 16 November 2017 Professor Phil Syrpis was invited to submit evidence to two parliament committees to share his EU Law expertise.
- Outdated housing laws need ‘desperate reform’ in the wake of Grenfell 14 November 2017 Housing laws are ‘out-dated, complex and patchily enforced’, according to a major new report which calls for a new Housing Act to be introduced in the wake of the Grenfell tragedy.
- Deadline extended for bursaries for first-year Law students 14 November 2017 The deadline for the Denise Coates Foundation Bursaries for first-year Law students has been extended to Friday 17th November. The award is valued at £2000 for the first year of study, with up to 40 student bursaries available in 2017-18.
- Professor Sir Malcolm Evans Chairs the 33rd session of the UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture in Geneva 14 November 2017 This week Professor Sir Malcolm Evans will Chair the 33rd session of the UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture, in Geneva.
- Professor Phil Syrpis features in ‘Brexit: the University Challenge’ Nonesuch Article 14 November 2017 Professor Phil Syrpis was featured as one of four Bristol experts in an opinion article discussing the uncertainties faced by universities in the wake of the EU referendum.
- Advising in Austerity Exhibition opens in Wills Memorial Building 9 November 2017 An exhibition exploring solutions to the obstacles facing advice service will be on display in the Wills Memorial Building this week.
- Sir Malcolm Evans addresses UN General Assembly in New York 8 November 2017 Professor Sir Malcolm Evans, Chair of the UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (SPT) and Deputy Director of the Human Rights Implementation Centre at the Bristol Law School, presented the 10th Annual Report of the SPT to the UN General Assembly in New York on 13 October 2017.
- Proposed changes to the route to qualification as a solicitor 8 November 2017 For the attention of applicants for Law 2018
- Careers: Exploring law and beyond 7 November 2017 Over the past few months we have put on numerous events to showcase the careers paths open to students within and out of the law – launching our first series of themed weeks and introducing new skills sessions as part of Law Month.
- Law School academic and alumnus lead All Souls College seminar 7 November 2017 Professor Alan Bogg and Dr Daniel Schaffer were key discussants in a seminar ('Trusts, Contract, and the Future of Discretionary Powers: the IBM v Dalgleish litigation') held at the University of Oxford last week.