Build your knowledge, find your specialism - Q&A with our Student Recruitment Director 21 June 2021 Ahead of our virtual Undergraduate Open Week and live Q&A webinars this week, on 22, 24 and 25 June, we caught up with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions for Law, Professor David Cowan, to hear about his research and how teaching inspires him, how he would describe the Law School learning community, and his top piece of advice for new students.
- Centre for International Law launch announcement 13 July 2021 The Law School is delighted to announce the launch of a new research centre, the Centre for International Law. The Centre brings together one of the largest and most diverse communities of international lawyers in the UK and, through the collaborative work of its members, aims to tackle some of the most pressing international challenges of our time.
- Law PhD student awarded prestigious Modern Law Review Scholarship 1 July 2021 Law School PhD student Ricardo Buendia Esteban has been successful in securing a Modern Law Review Scholarship for the University of Bristol, providing financial support for the further research as part of his PhD. Ricardo Buendia Esteban told us what receiving the scholarships mean to him and his future research.
- Build your knowledge, find your specialism - Q&A with our Student Recruitment Director 21 June 2021 Ahead of our virtual Undergraduate Open Week and live Q&A webinars this week, on 22, 24 and 25 June, we caught up with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions for Law, Professor David Cowan, to hear about his research and how teaching inspires him, how he would describe the Law School learning community, and his top piece of advice for new students.
- University of Bristol Law School celebrates Top 10 UK Law School ranking 18 June 2021 The University of Bristol Law School has been ranked as a Top 10 Law School in the latest Complete University Guide UK Rankings 2022.
- Passing the New York Bar exam: Q&A with Law School graduate Jasmine Gratton 18 June 2021 After graduating from the University of Bristol Law School with an LLB in 2020, Jasmine Gratton took the New York Bar exam, which she passed on her first try at the age of 21 earlier this year. Jasmine spoke to us about her reasons for choosing Law at Bristol, what most inspired her during her studies, and preparing for and taking the New York Bar exam.
- A doorway to exceptional opportunities - Q&A with our MA Director 9 June 2021 Dr Yvette Russell, director of our MA in Law programme and senior lecturer in Law and Feminist Theory, spoke to us about what it is like to study at a top 10 UK Law School, its supportive learning community and how research informs a diverse curriculum.
- Applications open for Black Solicitors Network Grassroots Programme 7 June 2021 The Law School is delighted to be working in partnership with the Black Solicitors Network (BSN) as one of the sponsors for the BSN Grassroots Programme, a unique offering designed to promote and increase equality of access to the legal profession by enhancing the employability and career prospects of Black undergraduate talent.
- Celebrating law student achievements: International Internship Scholar Scheme winners 2020-21 19 May 2021 The University of Bristol Law School celebrated the achievements of its international students participating in the International Internship Scholar Scheme of the academic year in a virtual Prize Giving Ceremony.
- Centre for Law and History Research Publication: 'Women in the Medieval Common Law' 18 May 2021 A new book by Professor of Legal History Gwen Seabourne, 'Women in the Medieval Common Law', published by Routledge, argues for re-examination of some previous conclusions on the relationship between women and the common law.
- Wellcome Trust Scholarships for the Law School’s LLM in Health, Law, and Society 6 May 2021 Applicants to the September 2021 intake of the University of Bristol’s groundbreaking LLM in Health, Law, and Society are invited to apply to a scholarship scheme that is generously funded by the Wellcome Trust.