Professor Aurora Plomer awarded Leverhulme Major Research Fellowship 14 January 2020 Professor Aurora Plomer has been awarded a Major Research Fellowship by the Leverhulme Trust for a project on Intellectual Property and the Human Rights of Companies in Europe.
- Professor Aurora Plomer awarded Leverhulme Major Research Fellowship 14 January 2020 Professor Aurora Plomer has been awarded a Major Research Fellowship by the Leverhulme Trust for a project on Intellectual Property and the Human Rights of Companies in Europe.
- The Centre for Law at Work hosts Industrial Law Society meetings 2019 -2020 20 December 2019 The Centre for Law at Work News
- Law School announces recruitment of new cohort for successful Browne Jacobson mentoring scheme 18 December 2019 National law firm Browne Jacobson has recruited six Bristol Law School students for the second year of its successful mentoring scheme with the University.
- The Sanctuary Scholarship wins The Highest Impact University Initiative Award 17 December 2019 Following their work with the sanctuary scholarship Jon Lightfoot and Dr Katie Bales accepted the Highest Impact University Award beating competition from 11 other universities.
- Celebrating students standing up for Human Rights in The Gambia 12 December 2019 December 10th was Human Rights Day – an annual event that marks the day the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). This year the UN put the spotlight on the leadership role of youth as a source of inspiration for a better future, presenting an opportunity for us to showcase the amazing work of our students.
- International student scholarships: Think Big about Global Justice and apply today 9 December 2019 Applications for the Think Big about Global Justice Scholarship are now open to international undergraduate and postgraduate students starting their law degree at the University of Bristol in September 2020.
- Brexit Briefing December 2019 9 December 2019 In the final quarter of 2019, the Brexit drama continued with the EU granting an extension to push the deadline back into 2020 and yet another general election set for December 12th. University Academics have continued to offer media commentary, share knowledge and debate the issues.
- Wellcome Trust Scholarships for the Law School’s LLM in Health, Law, and Society 9 December 2019 Applicants to the September 2020 intake of the University of Bristol’s groundbreaking LLM in Health, Law, and Society are invited to apply to a scholarship scheme that is generously funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- HRIC News: 'In memory of Med Kaggwa' 28 November 2019 One of Uganda’s most prominent human rights defenders, Med Kaggwa, passed away last week, aged 64.
- Dr Yvette Russell gives Keynote at the Sex and Consent in the Age of #MeToo Workshop in Sydney 25 November 2019 Dr Yvette Russell recently travelled to Sydney, Australia to give a keynote address to delegates at the Sex and Consent in the Age of #MeToo Workshop, hosted by the Centre for Agency, Values and Ethics and the School of Law at Macquarie University.