Brexit Briefing February 2018 22 February 2018 Academics from the University of Bristol Law School continue to share knowledge, debate and listen to opinion at a national, regional and local level.
- Brexit Briefing February 2018 22 February 2018 Academics from the University of Bristol Law School continue to share knowledge, debate and listen to opinion at a national, regional and local level.
- Professor John Coggon Participates in the X Factor for Evidence for the Public’s Health 20 February 2018 Earlier this month, Professor John Coggon, Co-Director of the Centre for Health, Law, and Society at the University of Bristol, was one of five speakers in an event hosted by the Health Foundation. Framed as The X Factor for Evidence for the Public’s Health, each speaker had the opportunity to make a pitch about how evidence—systems of knowledge—from their respective discipline might serve policy agendas to protect and promote the public’s health.
- Student Volunteering Week: enhancing your prospects through volunteering 19 February 2018 Today marks the beginning of National Student Volunteering Week (19-25 February) and an opportunity to celebrate the work of the Law Clinic. The skills that students gain by being involved plays a significant role in helping them stand out in the recruitment process and secure training contracts with leading law firms.
- Professor Sir Malcolm Evans Chairs the 35th session of the UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture, in Geneva 15 February 2018 This week Professor Sir Malcolm Evans Chairs the 35th session of the UN Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture, in Geneva.
- HRIC Guest Lecture: Human Rights Education in Schools: Challenges and Expectations. 15 February 2018 The Human Rights Implementation Centre (HRIC) welcomes Dr Suzanne Egan, Director of the Centre for Human Rights at the University College Dublin to the Law School, to talk to students about 'Human Rights Education in Schools: Challenges and Expectations'.
- Graduation day: Celebrating student achievements 15 February 2018 The University of Bristol Law School honoured the work of its outstanding students at last week’s graduation ceremony.
- Project launch: Sweden and the Road to Brexit 15 February 2018 The University of Bristol has been awarded £77,790 by the Swedish Research Council for a grant application of a three-year collaborative project. Tonia Novitz (Professor of Labour Law, University of Bristol) will be the UK partner, with Petra Herzfeld Olsson (Associate Professor of Private Law and Senior Lecturer in international labour law, Uppsala University) as Swedish lead.
- PhD Scholarship: Applications for Graduate Teaching Assistant scheme now open 14 February 2018 Apply now for the PhD Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarship – the deadline is Wednesday 7 March.
- Dr Oliver Quick’s ground-breaking book reviewed in the Medical Law Review 14 February 2018 Dr Oliver Quick's book 'Regulating Patient Safety: The End of Professional Dominance?' was recently recommended as a significant and timely contribution for both academics and policymakers in the Medical Law Review.
- Professor Alan Bogg presents at Employment Appeal Tribunal judges training day 13 February 2018 On 1 February Professor Alan Bogg gave a lecture to the judges of the Employment Appeal Tribunal at their annual training day.