Wellcome Trust Scholarships for the Law School’s LLM in Health, Law, and Society 6 May 2021 Applicants to the September 2021 intake of the University of Bristol’s groundbreaking LLM in Health, Law, and Society are invited to apply to a scholarship scheme that is generously funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- Wellcome Trust Scholarships for the Law School’s LLM in Health, Law, and Society 6 May 2021 Applicants to the September 2021 intake of the University of Bristol’s groundbreaking LLM in Health, Law, and Society are invited to apply to a scholarship scheme that is generously funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- Omar Madhloom appointed co-Chair of the Bristol Pro Bono Group 27 April 2021 Omar Madhloom, Senior Lecturer in the University of Bristol Law School, supervisor at the Law School’s Law Clinic, and practising solicitor, has been appointed Chair of the Bristol Pro Bono Group together with Rachel Lobley (Simmons & Simmons LLP).
- Addressing the Challenges of Fraud in a Pandemic 26 April 2021 The Law School's Dr Jennifer Collins has been awarded £39,410 to fund a new research project, 'Fraud During a Pandemic: Identifying and Appraising New Challenges for the Criminal Justice Response in England and Wales'
- World Health Day: Find out how you can help shape a post-COVID world 8 April 2021 COVID-19 and its consequences have highlighted longstanding concerns regarding health and justice: how social, political, and legal structures mean some people are able to live healthier lives and have better access to health services than others. Preventable and unfair health disparities, and the roles for law and policy in responding to them, are at the heart of our distinctive LLM in Health, Law, and Society.
- Tips for revision success – building a healthy study routine 30 March 2021 In preparation for the upcoming assessment period, final year MA Law student, Jacob Simpson has provided his tips for success when it comes to revision. He outlines how to create a healthy routine, break down revision notes and to ensure well deserved breaks are included. Read on to find out more.
- Law School and Irwin Mitchell Family Law Team join forces for ground-breaking LGBT+ legal project 15 February 2021 The University of Bristol, in partnership with leading national law firm Irwin Mitchell’s Family Law team, will be working on a campaign to increase resources and support for LGBT+ clients in the family justice system. The Law School’s Dr Peter Dunne will be Primary Investigator for the project.
- Law Clinic hosts virtual international workshop 12 February 2021 On 29 January 2021, the Law Clinic hosted its first international virtual law clinic student workshop, bringing together students from different law clinics across the world to share ideas relating to pro bono, legal ethics and clinical legal education.
- Law School announces new membership with the Black Solicitors Network 10 February 2021 The Law School is pleased to announce it is now a member of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN), aiming to increase the accessibility of events, opportunities and mentoring offered by the BSN to the black and minority ethnic student community.
- Law School announces new pro bono opportunities for Law students through the Freedom Law Clinic 8 February 2021 The Law School is excited to announce that it has partnered up with the Freedom Law Clinic to offer University of Bristol law students the opportunity to work on a unique criminal law pro bono project for a period of six weeks this academic year.
- Professor Emma Hitchings to lead large-scale study of financial arrangements on divorce 1 February 2021 The Law School’s Professor Emma Hitchings will be leading ‘Fair Shares’, a large-scale study of financial arrangements on divorce. The research project will provide essential data to inform debates on legal reform and guidance for legal advisers and support providers to ensure the financial needs of families can be better met in the future.