Parliament's role in authorising military force: Professor Gavin Phillipson gives evidence in House of Commons 20 March 2019 On 12 March 2019 the Law School’s Professor Gavin Phillipson was one of the constitutional experts informing the House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee in their meeting to inquire into the role of Parliament in authorising the use of military force.
- Parliament's role in authorising military force: Professor Gavin Phillipson gives evidence in House of Commons 20 March 2019 On 12 March 2019 the Law School’s Professor Gavin Phillipson was one of the constitutional experts informing the House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee in their meeting to inquire into the role of Parliament in authorising the use of military force.
- Professor Chris Willmore nominated for Best of Bristol Lecture Series 19 March 2019 The Law School’s Chris Willmore, Professor of Sustainability and Law, has been nominated as one of this year’s most inspiring lecturers in the annual Best of Bristol lecture series, a student-led initiative showcasing the best of the University of Bristol's lecturers, their teaching and research. Chris will be speaking on the topic of Sustainability on 20 March 2019.
- Human Rights Implementation Centre: Law Career Talk 15 March 2019 Human Rights Implementation Centre News
- Dr Albert Sanchez-Graells’ #FerryGate evidence discussed in House of Commons emergency debate 14 March 2019 Written evidence submitted by the Law School’s Dr Albert Sanchez-Graells was quoted during an emergency debate on EU Exit Preparations and Ferry Contracts in the House of Commons on 5 March.
- ‘Reviewing the boundaries of health law’: Promoting the next generation of health law scholarship 11 March 2019 A special issue of the Northern Ireland Legal Quarterly, edited by the Co-Directors of the Law School’s Centre for Health, Law, and Society, Professor John Coggon and Professor Judy Laing, was published 11 March 2019, containing papers authored by eleven members of the CHLS as well as external contributors.
- Celebrating International Women’s Day: breaking the mould with Lady Arden 8 March 2019 As we celebrate International Women’s Day 2019, we took a look at the career of one of the most notable figures in the legal world today, Lady Justice Arden.
- Women in Conversation week: tackling issues across disciplines 8 March 2019 For the first time at the University of Bristol, the Women in Law, Women in Finance, Women in STEM, Women in Tech, Women in Engineering and Women in Leadership societies came together earlier this year to hold a week of events titled ‘Women in Conversation’.
- University Mental Health Day: Supporting You 7 March 2019 Today is University Mental Health Day, a day to highlight again the importance of talking about mental health and the support available.
- Alumni stories: ‘build confidence, resilience and self-reliance’ – top tips from Dan Schaffer 6 March 2019 Dan Schaffer (LLB 1986, Honorary Doctorate 2016) is the Chair of the University of Bristol Law School Advisory Board and responsible for the establishment of our Distinguished Alumni Lecture Programme. Since graduating from the Law School in 1986 he has gone on to have a stellar career in the world of pensions law, achieving partner status at the prestigious law firm Slaughter and May - the first ever lateral partner appointment made in London.
- Professor Andrew Charlesworth to be part of new Centre for Doctoral Training in Artificial Intelligence 5 March 2019 The Law School’s Professor Andrew Charlesworth is a member of the University of Bristol team that successfully bid for a Centre for Doctoral Training in Artificial Intelligence. The new Centre will train the next generation of innovators in human-in-the-loop AI systems, enabling them to responsibly solve societally important problems.