Study postgraduate law at Bristol
We believe every student is unique - with different strengths and ambitions. We offer a rich portfolio of LLMs, a senior-status MA and many opportunities to explore careers within or beyond law. Our intellectually demanding, research-informed curriculum is delivered by academics who are leaders in their fields. Combining teaching and research excellence will enrich your learning experience and see you do more with law than you ever imagined possible.
Find your programme
Gain a deeper understanding of law on one of our LLM programmes covering a diverse range of expertise to specialse your legal knowledge, alongside a two-year MA and MSc in Socio-Legal Studies.
Offering in-depth, intensive study in a range of areas, you will gain expertise in IT law, IP law, privacy and data protection, e-commerce and online business development, digital markets and virtual competition, and digital technology in legal practice.
This course offers in-depth, intensive study of law and regulation that can help tackle the environmental and sustainability challenges facing businesses, governments and not-for-profit organisations, as well as influence the relationships between business actors and their shareholders and stakeholders.
- LLM Law, Innovation & Technology
- LLM Law, Environment, Sustainability & Business
- LLM Commercial Law
- LLM Health, Law and Society
- LLM International Commercial Law
- LLM Employment, Work and Equality
- LLM Banking and Finance Law
- LLM Company Law and Corporate Governance
- LLM General Legal Studies
- LLM Human Rights Law
- LLM International Law
- LLM International Law and International Relations
MSc Socio-Legal Studies
Get ready for a top flight career
Our graduates go on to work in a variety of sectors including Commercial law firms and Chambers, Human Rights organisations, the UN, Government and Politics, Policy and Journalism, as well as pursuing academic research careers.
The school has a dedicated Employability Adviser who creates and delivers bespoke support to help you develop the skills required for employment after graduating, either back home or in the UK with the 2-year Post Study Work visa.
You can also gain practical experiences of law through our Law Clinic and Human Rights Law Clinic - plus many opportunities with partner organisations.
Find out more about our careers and employability services.
- Top three UK university for excellence in legal research (REF 2021)
- A Top 60 university in the world (QS World Rankings 2023)
- A Top 10 UK law school (Complete University Guide for Law 2024)
- Fourth most targeted university by top UK employers (High Fliers 2023)
- One of the largest legal centres outside of London (Chambers Student) with access to global law firms, policy makers, NGOs, alumni mentors and more
- Home to a diverse range of research centres and world-renowned experts
- Exciting opportunities for real-life experiences of law through our numerous law clinics, exclusive placements and mentoring schemes.
Take a look at the Law School Employability Blog and gain insight into the opportunities our students have to start shaping their future careers.
Navigate through a virtual tour of the Law School, exploring the iconic Wills Memorial Building, library and state of the art teaching facilities.