Do More With Law
Brilliant prospects. Diverse careers.
We believe every student is unique - with different strengths and ambitions. We offer diverse undergraduate units, a rich portfolio of LLMs, a senior-status MA and many opportunities to explore careers within or beyond law. Supported by academics and alumni that are leaders in their fields, studying here will enrich your learning experience and see you do more with law than you ever imagined possible.
- A Top 60 university in the world (QS World Rankings 2024)
- Fourth most targeted university by top UK employers (High Fliers 2023)
- A Top 10 UK law school (Complete University Guide for Law 2024)
- Top three UK university for excellence in legal research (REF 2021)
- One of the largest legal centres outside of London (Chambers Student)
- Home to a diverse range of internationally recognised centres of research excellence and world-renowned experts.
- Exciting opportunities for real-life experiences of law through our numerous law clinics, exclusive placements and mentoring schemes.
The Law School provides an intellectually demanding, research-informed legal education. Combining teaching and research excellence to deliver a challenging and rigorous curriculum makes our graduates stand out - able to demonstrate excellent legal, analytical and reasoning skills and empowered to pursue prestigious careers.
With a rich calendar of career-focused activities and a strong collaboration between the School, our alumni, student organisations, international law firms and community partners, you will graduate with the skills, knowledge and contacts to fulfil your career aspirations with many opportunities to excel in and out of law.
Through our Human Rights Law Clinic and student-led Pro Bono legal service you can gain recognised, real-life experience of law that employers in a wide range of sectors will value. Alongside this, we offer students the opportunity to be mentored by lawyers in commercial practice, in the UK or abroad with our Professional Mentoring Scheme and International Mentoring Scheme. You can explore more diverse areas of law outside of the corporate and commercial sectors through our Law in Society Mentoring Scheme. Find out more about all of these schemes on our mentoring pages.
Our Student Employability Blog is the best place to discover what life is like for students here in the Law School with contributions from volunteers in our law clinics, prize-winners, international competition participants, those that have been part of our mentoring and internship programmes and alumni who talk about how study here has propelled them into exciting careers. Find out more.