Find out more about studying at our top 10 UK University and living in one of the most exciting and creative cities in Europe.
What students love about Bristol
International students share what they love about the University and Bristol city.
- We are ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2024)
- We are in the world's top 50 universities for graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022), and our graduates are the fourth most targeted by top UK employers (High Fliers Report 2023).
- We welcome students and staff from over 150 countries, and over 28% of our students are international, creating a diverse community.
- Join our large network of alumni who are developing careers in over 170 countries.
- We have 150+ international exchange partners across the world.
- A safe and welcoming place to live, Bristol has been awarded Purple Flag status, which recognises it as being a safe place to enjoy a night out.
- Home to people from 187 nationalities, and over 91 languages are spoken here.
- Named one of the best places to live in the UK (The Times, 2022).
- Offers over 1,000 years of history to explore.
- A thriving urban centre, the city is also packed with green spaces.
- 90 minutes from London and a gateway to the beautiful countryside and beaches of the South West.
Find out more about the city.
Explore a 360-degree tour of our campus and city.
- The largest city in the South West
- Population of 449,300
- 90 minutes from London
- Easy access to nearby cities, beaches and rolling landscapes
- Georgian architecture, colourful graffiti and harbourside living
A place to call home
Our variety of residences offer a safe and welcoming home from home. They provide pastoral support and 24-hour security and opportunities to get involved in a range of social activities. You’ll live with students from other countries and cultures, including the UK.
Find out what accommodation is available.
- We are in the UK top 10 for employability in the 2022 QS Graduate Employability rankings.
- Our Careers Service can support you throughout your studies and for three years after graduation by helping you find vacancies and paid internships, providing advice and resources for CV writing, applications and interview preparations.
- Many courses, such as those in Engineering, Law and Health Sciences, offer professional mentoring schemes.
- Alongside your studies, you can work towards the Bristol PLUS award, which recognises your development through work experience, volunteering and extracurricular activities and is endorsed by a range of leading recruiters.
- Bristol encourages innovators and entrepreneurs. Our Basecamp Enterprise Team provides workshops and support to help you develop entrepreneurial skills and pursue your startup ambitions.
- The Bristol alumni network includes nearly 170,000 graduates across 191 countries, with experts and influencers in every industry. You can connect with Bristol graduates through our in-country networks or join Bristol Connects, our online alumni networking platform.