The Centre and teaching methods
- The Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is based in a learning environment especially designed to encourage teamworking, project work and the sharing of ideas, both with other students and external partners.
- As well as the provision of teaching space it also hosts our many external partners and visitors who advise, and often become part of, the project teams.
- It is a place to grow ideas from start of project to outcome with a network of investors ready to support ideas that are ripe for investment.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship are not “traditional” subjects and therefore teaching does not take place in a traditional way!
- Sessions are held in a studio-based learning environment which gives students the flexibility to be creative and work together in teams, whether that be in a teaching room or in a one of our pods or break-out areas.
- A prototype laboratory, including laser and 3D printers allows students to develop and test their ideas.
- There is an emphasis on collaboration and working with others, whether that be fellow students, external partners or clients.
Feedback on our teaching methods from Innovation students
It’s okay to:
- Make mistakes
- Ask why and why not
- Be different
- Not know the answer
- Collaborate openly
- Embrace uncertainty.