Pagoda Projects: Internships abroad
Gain international work experience through an 8 week blended internship with Pagoda Projects. Spend 4 weeks completing your internship remotely and 4 weeks in-person with your host company in Spain or Portugal.
Programme: International hybrid internship with Pagoda Projects
Dates: 19 June - 12 August 2023 (1 month online, 1 month in person)
Location: Spain or Portugal.
Eligibility: open to all undergraduate students not in their final year
Cost: the programme fee is £2,995. See below for additional costs.
Funding: Turing funding is available
Apply: apply online by 1 February 2023
Information session: Monday 23 January, 3:30pm - online - register here
Tuesday 24 January, 12noon - online - register here
Pagoda Projects offer 8-week blended internships in Spain and Portugal. You will spend the first 4 weeks working remotely from the UK. You will then travel out to Spain or Portugal to meet your host company in person and continue your internship for 4 weeks in country. You can choose from a variety of career sectors and Pagoda will help you find a host company that suits you. Pagoda Projects support you before, during and after your internship, including providing accommodation and being there in-country to help you make the most of your experience.
The sectors available are:
- Business development
- IT / Tech
- Graphic Design
The programme will help you to:
- grow your global network
- gain skills in an international workplace
- enhance your employability
- develop intercultural skills
- meet other interns
Remote internship: 19 June - 14 July 2023
In person internship in Spain or Portugal: 16 July - 12 August 2023
There are various different locations that Pagoda Projects work in. The University of Bristol is supporting students to join Pagoda Programmes in Spain and Portugal.
The University of Bristol has 25 places on Pagoda Project programmes in Spain and Portugal. These places will be supported by Turing funding.
To apply for one of these places, you must be a current undergraduate student and not in your final year at the University of Bristol. You must also meet the criteria for Turing grant rate B (see below).
There are no language requirements for this programme.
You do not need to meet any academic requirements to take part in this programme.
The total programme cost to pay to Pagoda Projects for an 8-week blended programme is £2995
- your international internship
- accommodation for 4 weeks in Spain or Portugal
- pre-departure support
- support from staff in-country
You will need to organise and pay for all other costs, including:
- return international flights
- personal spending
The University of Bristol has Turing funding for 25 students on Pagoda Project programmes in Spain and Portugal. The Turing Scheme is a UK government initiative. This programme is only available to students who meet the criteria for Turing grant rate B. Turing funding is only available for the in-person part of the programme.
Turing grant rate B
- cost of living grant for 4-week in-person programme: £590.
- travel grant: based on distance from Bristol to destination: £250
- the University of Bristol will make a contribution towards the partner organisation's programme fee which, added together with the cost of living grant will reduce the programme fee you need to pay £500.
Home undergraduate students, not in their final year, who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- you receive the University of Bristol Bursary, Access to Bristol Bursary or Bristol Scholars Bursary
- you are care-experienced (this will need to be registered with Student Finance)
- you are an estranged student (this will need to be registered with Student Finance)
- you have caring responsibilities
- you are a refugee or asylum seeker
- you receive Universal Credit (note that you must be the recipient, not a partner or family member)
- you are a mature student
- you are a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethinic (BAME) student
- you are a part-time student (this does not include supplementary years)
- you have a diasbility or special educational need (this will need to be registered with Disability Services)
- your home address is in an area of low progression to higher education (I.e your postcode is listed as Quintile '1' or '2' on the POLAR4 measure on the POLAR checking tool)
Monday 23 January, 3:30pm - online - register here
Tuesday 24 January, 12noon - online - register here
In partnership with Pagoda Projects.
If you have a question or for more information about going abroad.
Sign up to the summer abroad mailing list to receive updates on:
- summer programmes
- information sessions
- funding opportunities
- application deadlines.
Information for travel abroad in 2022/23.
How to apply
1. Read the Pagoda Projects webpaages to find out more about their programme and join one of their online info sessions.
2. Apply to the Global Opportunities Team at the University of Bristol for a Turing funded place on the programme. You will need to submit an online application form which will ask you why you have chosen the Pagoda Projects programme. We will prioritise Turing funding for students who have attended an online information session with Pagoda Projects.
Applications will close on Wednesday 1 February.
You will receive the outcome of your application within 2 weeks after the application deadline.