GO China: STEM Futures
Explore China’s capital and take your studies in a new direction with an exciting summer programme for engineering students hosted at the Beijing Institute of Technology.
We are provisionally planning to run this programme in summer 2021. A final decision about whether to run this programme will be made in February 2021. However, all students need to be aware that programme cancellations due to sudden COVID-19 travel restrictions and safety considerations may still be possible in Spring 2021 as the health and safety students and staff is a key priority for the University. All updates will be posted on these webpages.
Programme at a glance
When? Four weeks in July 2021
Where? Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), Beijing, China
How much? The programme and tutition cost is £800. Beijing Institute of Technology provide accommodation free of charge. You will need to pay for other costs including flights, insurance, visa, subsistence etc. Some bursaries are available. See our costs section below for more information.
Who? Open to all undergraduates studying a STEM-related subject, and not in their final year. Priority will be given to students not on a Study Abroad course.
Applications: A decision on whether to run this programme will be made in February 2021. If the programme goes ahead, applications will open in February. Register your interest to receive email updates about application requirements and deadlines.
Choose from 3 STEM-focussed programmes:
- Exploring Vehicle Design
- Big Data Analysis
- 5G Technology and Applications
Why choose this programme?
- Develop your engineering skills, through engineering classes and an engineering project
- Study at a highly ranked research university with specialisms in science and engineering
- Study in a standout location in the Chinese capital
- Gain international experience while deepening your understanding of engineering and China's culture
- Acquire cross-cultural skills greatly valued by employers
- Enjoy an experience beyond the classroom including trips designed to develop your cultural and linguistic experience
- Mix with other University of Bristol students taking the GO China: Culture and Language programme.
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
Office: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
Book an online appointment
How to Apply
A decision on whether to run this programme will be made in February 2021. If the programme goes ahead, applications will open in February. Register your interest to receive email updates about the programme and application requirements and deadlines.