Business Management in South Africa
Engage with different companies and gain insight into current business challenges in South Africa through this virtual programme.
Programme at a glance
Where? Online - live sessions.
Application deadline: midnight on Sunday 16th May 2021.
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
Book an online appointment
What you'll be doing
Over 6 days of live sessions you will gain an insight into the South African economy and key challenges that exist. You will explore how businesses operate in South Africa and engage with different companies and types of businesses. You will discuss themes such as organizational structure and approaches to management, business operations and challenges, as well as communication in multicultural environments and the role of culture in business. You will connect with academics, local students, representatives from a range of different companies, and everyday South Africans to better understand the business management landscape in South Africa. On completion of the programme, you will be awarded with a certificate of attendance that you can add to your CV to showcase your international experience to future employers.
Why choose this programme?
- Gain insight South Africa's history, economy and business future.
- Develop cross-cultural skills, greatly valued by employers.
- Apply your business management skills in a new context.
- Connect with representatives from a range of companies in South Africa.
- Collaborate with local students.
Who is this programme for?
There are 40 places on this programme.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a current undergraduate student at the University of Bristol
- be studying in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law
We are looking for students who are curious to learn about a different culture, committed to engaging fully in the programme, and keen to learn about buiness management in a new context.
We will make an effort to give some priority to students who:
- are not on a Study Abroad programme
- are home students and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- recipient the University of Bristol Bursary, Access to Bristol Bursary or Bristol Scholars Bursary
- BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) student
- from an area of low progression to higher education, with a home postcode in quintile '1' or '2' on the POLAR4 checking tool
- mature student
- care-leaver or estranged student (you will need to be registered as estranged with Student Finance)
- student living with a disability (you will need to registered with Disability Services)
An effort will be made to give priority to students meeting more than one of the above criteria.
Applications are open and you can access the online application form below. The application form is hosted on the Santander Scholarships platform - you will need to register for an account.
Application deadline: midnight on Sunday 16th May 2021
We will email you with the outcome of your application by Friday 21st May.