School of Economics is proud to welcome new Head of School, Professor Paola Manzini 23 September 2021 The School of Economics is delighted to announce the start of Professor Paola Manzini’s role as Head of School.
- Dr Annika Johnson awarded Special Commendation by the Economics Network 20 December 2021 Dr Annika Johnson, Senior Lecturer in Economics at the School of Economics, has been awarded a Special Commendation by the Economics Network, for her contribution to economics teaching and learning during the pandemic.
- Paul Hufe awarded HCEO 2021 Dissertation Prize 3 December 2021 Paul Hufe, Lecturer in Economics at the School of Economics, has been awarded the HCEO 2021 Dissertation Prize for his broad-ranging work on equality of opportunity.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant awarded for Nigeria study 20 October 2021 Associate Professor in Economics, Christine Valente, has been awarded a US$1.9 Million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- School of Economics awarded two British Academy grants 1 October 2021 Governments of liberal democracies face a challenge when it comes to deciding when to disclose accurate statistics to the public. The COVID-19 pandemic has put statistics on infection rates and death rates into the spotlight.
- School of Economics congratulates Black Bristol Scholarship awardee 28 September 2021 We are delighted to congratulate David Afikuyomi on being awarded the very first Black Bristol Scholarship in Economics.
- Meet the new academic staff joining the School of Economics 24 September 2021 The School of Economics extends a warm welcome to all of our new students and staff joining us for the 2021/22 academic year.
- School of Economics is proud to welcome new Head of School, Professor Paola Manzini 23 September 2021 The School of Economics is delighted to announce the start of Professor Paola Manzini’s role as Head of School.
- Dr Toman Barsbai awarded University Research Fellowship for new study 9 September 2021 Dr Toman Barsbai, Associate Professor at the School of Economics, has been awarded a one-year University Research Fellowship by the University of Bristol for a new study. Dr Barsbai’s research project looks at shared local environments and the impact on behaviour across species.
- Two Royal Economics Society grants awarded to School of Economics academics 7 July 2021 The Royal Economics Society has granted the School of Economics two grants from a specific COVID Academic Support Fund.
- Professor Helen Simpson awarded British Academy Mid-Career Fellowship 3 June 2021 Helen Simpson, Director of the Centre for Evidence-based Public Services (CEPS), has been awarded a Mid-Career Fellowship from the British Academy for her project 'Cities, productivity and levelling up'.