Relax, make connections, enjoy fun events and further your development in this dedicated space for Bristol's postgraduate researcher (PGR) community.
Latest information on the status of the PGR Hub
The PGR Hub is a cross-disciplinary research collaboration space where you can connect with fellow research students from across the University. The Hub is situated on Floor 2 of Senate House and is a dedicated space for postgraduate researchers to relax, attend community events and training.
*Due to the current situation, the PGR Hub will be closed until at least April 2021* with all personal and professional development and social activities running online until that point. The Bristol Doctoral College will continue to review public health guidelines, the logistics of the space, university policies and the needs of our PGR community. This decision will be reviewed prior to the Easter break. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns regarding the PGR Hub. For further information:
- Please visit the University's Coronavirus webpages for updates on the latest policies and information.
- For an overview of Bristol Doctoral College activities, online events and support, visit the Tips and tools during COVID-19 webpage and our online PGR events calendar.
- BDC PPD and training activities have moved online: visit our PPD pages for more information.
Online events and activities
As no activities will be held in the PGR Hub during the Autumn and many PGRs are working from home, the BDC will be running a range of online events. You can keep up to date with events and training opportunities by:
- Keeping an eye out for our regular BDC Bulletin emails, which are sent to all PGRs.
- Visiting our online PGR events calendar.
- Visiting our online events Facebook group.
Running your own event
We woud also like to encourage applications to our PGR Community Fund that focus on online events and digital community building. Awards of up to £300 are available — find out how to apply on the PGR Community Fund page of our Sharepoint site.
Advice and useful links can be found on the University's dedicated page, which is updated regularly.
Every fortnight, we share a 'What's happening in the PGR Hub' email — although this is currently suspended. You can read the most recent (March 2020) edition.