PGR Ventures Fund
Get Bristol Doctoral College support for your event, workshop or initiative
The PGR Ventures Fund was launched in 2016 to encourage grassroots innovation, creativity and leadership among the University of Bristol's postgraduate researcher community.
The fund supports short-term events, workshops and initiatives that can deliver transferable skills, training or resources which benefit Bristol's PGRs.
Please note that the application period for the 2017–18 fund has now ended.
We aim to notify successful applicants within the coming weeks.
How much money is available?
We expect to fund multiple projects. In each case, the maximum amount that we’ll contribute is £500.
What sort of projects will be funded?
The sort of projects that we’ve funded in the past include:
- training for PGRs undertaking fieldwork
- a writing retreat for international students
- an interdisciplinary workshop to discuss the future for humans and the technology they create
- a summer symposium on literary and visual landscapes.
However, as the aim behind the fund is to encourage grassroots innovation and creativity in Bristol’s PGR community, please don't feel that you have to restrict your ideas to these types of initiative.
What’s the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for the fund, your initiative must:
- be led by PGRs currently enrolled at the University of Bristol
- benefit PGRs beyond the named applicants
- be innovative and address specific needs — such as skills training, public engagement with research, outreach activities or mentoring
- be supported by a supervisor.
Initiatives shouldn’t replicate those which are already offered by the University.
Your proposal must be achievable and realistic, and must be deliverable by 31 July 2018.
Additional information on the requirements can be found in our Guidelines for project planning and management (PDF, 80kB).