Support all students can access
You can access a wide range of general support without contacting Disability Services. These are resources that all students can use:
Services and resources
There is a wide range of support available to all students at the University.
Skills development and training
Develop and improve your general academic and study skills.
Support for first year undergraduate students from a current student.
Your health and wellbeing
Find out what to do if you are struggling with the demands of studying or life in general.
University, students’ union and community services to support you.
Funded support including mentoring, study skills tuition and practical support.
Group Study Skills Sessions
Disability Services are running weekly, online Group Study Skills sessions facilitated by a qualified Study Skills Tutor who will help you to:
- improve your existing academic skills;
- refine your notetaking;
- help with structuring your writing assignments;
- boost your revision technique.
These sessions may be helpful to students who know or think they have dyslexia or have conditions such as ADHD, autism spectrum conditions, or mental health conditions, among other things.
If you require study skills support but do not have (or suspect you have) a disability and are not in need of specialist support, there is also the University’s Study Skills service.
Each group will have a maximum of 10 students attending. To book onto the sessions via Eventbrite, please use the links below.
- Time management: Tuesday 2nd November, 2:00pm-3:00pm. Book your place.
- Active reading skills: Tuesday 9th November, 2:00pm-3:00pm. Book your place.
- Critical thinking: Wednesday 10th November, 1:30pm-2:30pm. Book your place.
- Improving academic style: Tuesday 16th November, 2:00pm-3:00pm. Book your place.
- Building academic arguments: Wednesday 17th November, 1:30pm-2:30pm. Book your place.
- Structuring assignments: Tuesday 23rd November, 2:00pm-3:00pm. Book your place.
- Improving academic style: Wednesday 24th November, 1:30pm-2:30pm. Book your place.
- Proofreading and concise writing: Tuesday 30th November, 2:00pm-3:00pm. Book your place.
- Memory and revision techniques: Tuesday 7th December, 2:00pm-3:00pm. Book your place.
- Referencing source material correctly: Wednesday 8th December, 1:30pm-2:30pm. Book your place.