Book a room for a non-teaching event (web room booking)
University staff can request to book a teaching room on campus for non-teaching events using the web room booking system.
Teaching and exam bookings
Book a room for a non-teaching event
If you would like to request the Great Hall or Reception room in Wills Memorial, book via the form at least a week before the room is required.
Please note, we can only make bookings for the Great Hall & Reception room up to the 14th of July 2024. Requests for after this date will need to be made directly to the Timetabling Team.
All other bookings for non-teaching events should be requested through web room booking.
If you have any problems accessing the Web Room Bookings site, please email email@example.com
- Sign in with your University of Bristol username (without the @bristol.ac.uk) and password. You may need to sign in twice.
- Fill in the expected size. Rooms that are smaller or significantly larger than your required capacity will not appear.
- Not all buildings are on the drop-down list, so this can be left blank.
- Choose a date and time.
- If you are booking for multiple days or weeks, you can Select multiple days/weeks. Choose multiple weeks by holding down Ctrl button on your keyboard.
- If you cannot select a date, check you are in the correct year. Dates outside of the current academic year will appear but are not available to select.
- Click next and select your room.
- You may need to click show more options at the bottom of the page for the room to show in the list.
- If you need a room that allows catering, check the approved list first.
- Fill in your booking information.
- Your request will be sent for review and you will receive an email either confirming, declining or asking for more information about your booking.
All event organisers are required to:
- undertake thorough risk assessments for each booking
- follow (where relevant) the External speaker self-assessment procedure.
View a room timetable
You can view the timetable for a specific room.
When viewing a room timetable, you may need to change the start/end time to see any bookings outside of 9 am to 6 pm.
Manage a room booking
You can see a list of all of your bookings, their status (approved, pending, declined) and cancel a room through the system.
Book a local room
Some staff may be given access to book rooms that are managed locally by their department. These bookings will not be reviewed and will be confirmed immediately.
If you want to book local and centrally managed rooms at the same time, click Include request only when searching for available rooms. If this option doesn’t appear you can still access the central room booking.
Any central rooms booked through the local link are still subject to review.
If you have any issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org