Scientists receive funding to create a universal software for quantum dynamics simulations 26 October 2023 For the first time, scientists researching in the field of quantum dynamics (QD) will be able to access, develop and deploy a universal software framework for simulations, removing many barriers that exist to achieving a deeper understanding and exploiting new phenomena across the quantum world.
- Bristol PhD students place second in 2023 Biofilm Create! photography competition 4 December 2023 School of Chemistry PhD student Huan Ma has been awarded second place in the Second Place in the Photography category of 2023 Biofilm Create! competition, alongside Bristol Dental School PhD student Xiayi Liu for their entry "Bacterial planet".
- Chemistry student completes three marathons in three days for charity 4 December 2023 Until very recently, third year Chemistry undergraduate student Felix Martin had never run a marathon, but he has just raised an incredible £7,500 for charity by completing three marathons in as many days.
- £10.5 million investment to revolutionise future vaccine manufacture 4 December 2023 A new collaborative initiative between UK universities and countries worldwide to share cutting-edge vaccine technology to prevent future global outbreaks of infectious diseases has been awarded £10.5 million from the Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
- PLURIVERSE Zine launched in ceremony at the School of Chemistry 31 October 2023 On October 5, the Creative Tuition Collective unveiled PLURIVERSE, their special edition zine, in a reception held at the School of Chemistry.
- Scientists receive funding to create a universal software for quantum dynamics simulations 26 October 2023 For the first time, scientists researching in the field of quantum dynamics (QD) will be able to access, develop and deploy a universal software framework for simulations, removing many barriers that exist to achieving a deeper understanding and exploiting new phenomena across the quantum world.
- RSC Prize Lecture: "Synthetic strategies towards the synthesis of spirocyclic natural products" 22 September 2023 Join us in a RSC Chemical and Synthetic Biology and Synthesis and Catalysis Seminar with Dr Bill Hawkins (University of Otago, New Zealand).
- Inaugural Lecture: Professor Simon Hall 15 August 2023 Professor Simon Hall will be giving his inaugural lecture on Tuesday, 24th October from 6pm at the Wills Memorial Building.
- The Wilson Baker Symposium 2023 1 August 2023 The prestigious Wilson Baker Symposium returns to the School of Chemistry on Wednesday, 25th October 2023.
- UK-India Symposium in Chemical Sciences 2023: 14th September 1 August 2023 The purpose of these high-profile events is to bring together researchers from both countries and to facilitate research collaborations in areas from across the chemical sciences.
- 1 Minute 2 Save the Planet: 4th August 27 July 2023 All research students and postdoctoral researchers are invited to the 2nd edition of the “1 min to save the planet” symposium, where speculative sustainable solutions will be put to the test.