Take part in Bristol's first Pesticide Amnesty 19 October 2021 Bristol residents will have the chance to hand back their pesticides as part of a city-wide amnesty - the first of its kind in England.
- Robot farm: Pioneering facilities are a game-changer for UK atomic research 20 October 2021 The University of Bristol is leading an initiative to make cutting-edge robotics, drones and testing spaces available for nuclear research with the launch of four ‘Hot Robotics’ facilities in the UK.
- Take part in Bristol's first Pesticide Amnesty 19 October 2021 Bristol residents will have the chance to hand back their pesticides as part of a city-wide amnesty - the first of its kind in England.
- Bristol team gains unprecedented access to Chornobyl’s Reactor 4 15 October 2021 Researchers from the University of Bristol are leading activities with Ukrainian researchers and engineers at the Chornobyl (Chernobyl) Nuclear Power Plant (ChNPP) to carry out pioneering radiation mapping research.
- New Director for Cabot Institute for the Environment 11 October 2021 The University of Bristol’s Cabot Institute for the Environment has appointed a new Director.
- Report calls for urgent action to address alarming lack of diversity in climate change decision making as final countdown until COP26 begins 8 October 2021 Bristol prides itself on being a leading city in the UK and globally in its commitment to tackle climate change, but a new report has revealed extremely low levels of ethnically diverse and equal gender representation in the debate and decision-making process to make this transition just and fair.
- Funding boost will help deliver low-carbon fusion energy 29 September 2021 Bristol researchers will lead one of six new projects looking at novel ways to reduce the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions, by advancing tritium technology for fusion power stations.
- Cabot Institute Innovation Fund 2021: winning projects announced 27 September 2021 Winners of the Cabot Institute Innovation Fund for 2021 have been announced. The funds are aimed at supporting bold, ambitious and impactful ideas that transcend disciplinary boundaries. The fund enables the Cabot Institute to support new interdisciplinary connections and establish new research areas, providing a strong foundation for further funding opportunities.
- Feeling a spark: flowers release their perfume in response to electricity of a bee's touch 21 September 2021 New research has found that the electrical charge created by visiting bumblebees stimulates some flowers to release more of their sweet-smelling scent. This is the first time a plant has been shown to use the presence of pollinators as a cue to emit more of its attractive perfume - increasing its chances of being visited.
- Bristol water risk intelligence provider receives funding boosting 9 September 2021 Backing from global risk assessment firm Moody’s will grow University of Bristol spin-out company Fathom’s presence in global markets across multiple sectors including (re)insurance, risk management, financial services, engineering and disaster response.
- Bristol start-up slashing cost of wind turbine maintenance raises £1.6m 8 September 2021 A Bristol robotics company slashing the cost of maintaining wind turbines is flying high after securing £1.6 million in its latest funding round.