Bristol report calls for action to tackle the digital divide 23 August 2021 Digital inequality in the city could severely impact life chances, according to new research published today (Monday, 23 August) by Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) and Knowle West Media Centre.
- Five small grants will boost research to improve digital futures 2 September 2021 Bristol’s Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) has announced its first set of small grants today (Thursday 2 September) to help University of Bristol researchers drive digital innovation for more sustainable, inclusive and prosperous futures.
- Bristol report calls for action to tackle the digital divide 23 August 2021 Digital inequality in the city could severely impact life chances, according to new research published today (Monday, 23 August) by Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) and Knowle West Media Centre.
- Bristol Digital Futures Institute and Supermassive Games launch PhD for Black heritage students 30 June 2021 Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) and the Bafta-winning independent game developer Supermassive Games are offering a fully funded PhD to explore social mobility in gaming and help propel the industry to a more inclusive future.
- Three new academic roles for Bristol Digital Futures Institute 21 June 2021 Bristol Digital Futures Institiute (BDFI) and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law have announced three new appointments to drive interdisciplinary research in digital futures.
- Bristol Digital Futures Institute publishes Inaugural Impact Report 12 May 2021 Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) has published its first-ever Impact Report – celebrating the achievements and progress made possible with the work of its vibrant community of researchers and partners over the last year.
- New South West innovation partnership launched with Digital Catapult 12 May 2021 The new Digital Catapult South West partnership will build on multiple ongoing projects between Digital Catapult and the University of Bristol, providing a boost to national capability and strengthening innovation in Bristol and the wider region.
- University of Bristol part of multimillion pound project to harness power of 5G 1 April 2021 The West of England Combined Authority (WECA) has secured over £3m from the Government to test how the country can seize the full benefits of 5G and help businesses harness the power of modern technology.
- Tackling social isolation as we age through digital innovation 8 March 2021 An interdisciplinary team from across the University of Bristol, has received funding for a ‘Connecting through culture as we age: digital innovation for healthy ageing’ project as part of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Health Ageing Challenge Social, Behavioural and Design Research Programme (SBDRP).
- New appointments help BDFI deliver on its mission 31 January 2021 As part of its ongoing expansion, the Bristol Digital Futures Institute is delighted to welcome two new leaders to its core team.
- BDFI unveils its first Associate Researchers and Academics 28 January 2021 The Bristol Digital Futures Institute has announced the appointments of its first five Associate Researchers and Academics