Supporting health research
We are a support hub for world-class, interdisciplinary health research at the University of Bristol.
How we help and support research
- We identify new areas of research, encouraging innovation
- We nurture health research from discovery to real world health improvements
- We develop and support interdisciplinary partnerships to deliver cutting edge health research
- We provide an agile response to emerging and future health research needs
Our Clinical Primer scheme is no longer running. The scheme gave clinicians at early career stage the chance to experience working as a researcher for the first time. We supported 55 individuals over 10 years, thanks to Wellcome funding. Visit National Institute for Health and Care Research NIHR for similar support.
Our Early Career Fellowships are on pause while we make plans for the future.
There are currently no Elizabeth Blackwell Institute funding schemes open as we have recently closed our fellowship and project calls.
We expect to launch our next funding calls for research in strategic areas in Autumn 2023. Keep up to date with future funding opportunities by signing up to our Bulletin.
How you could support research
Sign up to our Bulletin to hear about our health research news, events and opportunitites.
Find out about some of the research we support.
Support for University of Bristol researchers
If you are a University of Bristol researcher, visit our Intranet site for information on:
- funding, partnership and collaboration opportunities currently open to you
- considering equality, diversity and inclusion in your research
- interdisciplinary research communities you could collaborate with
- amplifying the profile of your research through engagement, events and promotion
Find out about new PhD opportunitites in the area of Climate Change and Health. Closing date 28 Feb 2023.