The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute is one of the University of Bristol’s University Research Institutes. This statement explains how Elizabeth Blackwell Institute uses the personal information we collect from you. We may make changes to this statement so please check from time to time for any updates.
We will only collect your data from the following:
- The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute mailing list electronic form
- Printed out mailing list sign up forms
- Eventbrite and other sign up forms, when you register for one of our events
- Our funding schemes and fellowships application forms
How we use the data we collect from you
- We will not share your data with anyone outside of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute and its governing bodies.
- We will only add you to our mailing list if you have given your consent for us to do so.
- We will use the details we collect to keep you informed about our news, events and funding opportunities
- We may contact you about our events you have signed up to on Eventbrite or by other means.
- We will contact you about our funding schemes and fellowships you have applied for or expressed an interest in.
- We will keep your contact details on our mailing list until you unsubscribe.
- We will keep successful Elizabeth Blackwell Institute funding schemes and fellowships application forms on our files for the purpose of tracking progress and reporting outcomes, including to our funders, and for the duration defined by our reporting requirements.
We will remove contact details from unsuccessful funding schemes and fellowships applications forms two years after the funding call closing date.
Third party software tools
Third party services collect certain technical information from your device including standard internet log information i.e. Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, and page interaction information.
We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our newsletter. See Mailchimp's privacy statement
We use a third-party provider, Eventbrite, to manage registration for our events. See Eventbrite’s privacy statement
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to be on our mailing list at any time by completing the Unsubscribe from mailing list form, clicking 'Unsubscribe' on the bottom of MailChimp emails or emailing email@example.com
- You have the right to have inaccurate data corrected. Please let us know if your data is inaccurate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to access information held about you. Please email email@example.com if you would like to request this.
- If you have any questions about this, we will be happy to talk to you. Contact ebih- firstname.lastname@example.org