Building links with industry
The breadth and depth of research expertise throughout the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences means that we can collaborate and advise on a wide variety of commercial projects. We have an established track record of industrial engagement working collaboratively with a portfolio of companies on a diverse range of research areas that ultimately benefit both the academic and industrial partner.
Their combined duties include:
- identifying relevant industry collaboration opportunities for any stage of research;
- providing guidance for an academic to commercialise their research;
- assessing potential business partnerships on behalf of researchers;
- advising on routes to establishing collaborations;
- providing assistance with writing proposals for approaching potential industrial partners;
- providing robust links to the Universities Research Enterprise and Development (RED) team;
- being the main contact for industrialists keen to work with academics.
Are you a Bristol researcher?
Do you want to find out more about how we can help you build successful industry collaborations? Please contact either Stuart or Charlotte to discuss how we can help you achieve your aims. Learn about potential funding opportunities linked to industrial engagement.
Are you outside Bristol looking for academic partnership?
In the first instance please contact Stuart or Charlotte and we will help facilitate your interactions with the University of Bristol. They will help you identify research teams in our faculty who can address your research challenges. Further information about different types of partnership.