Dental Hygiene and Therapy interviews
This information is for students applying in September 2019. (Information for students applying in 2020 will be available on this website by September 2019.)
Interviews for BSc Dental Hygiene and Therapy (B750) will be held in Bristol on selected days in February and March 2019.
On the day
On the day you will attend the following activities:
- A registration welcome address by the admissions tutor for the BSc programme, a briefing on the interview process and photographs (30 minutes)
- Interviews, which include three difference assessments (15 minutes written, 15 minutes practical, and 30 minutes interview)
- A tour of Bristol Dental School and Hospital (30 minutes)
Bringing ID to your interview
You must bring photo ID with you to your interview. We will not keep a copy of your ID; we will just need to see it when you arrive to verify that you are the candidate we have invited. If you do not have photo ID, you will not be allowed to take part in the interview.
Examples of suitable photo ID include (but are not limited to):
- Driving licence or provisional driving licence
- College photo card
- NUS photo card.
What to wear
- Wear something smart, but comfortable.
- Please bring a waterproof coat and comfortable shoes for the Dental School and Hospital tour.
Support for a disability
The Dental Hygiene and Therapy course is academically and physically demanding. If you have a disability we expect you to have taken this into consideration before you applied and that you firmly believe you will be able to perform all the tasks and responsibilities the course requires.
To discuss your disability in advance of interview email email@example.com.
After the interview
We aim to contact you with the outcome of your interview within three weeks. In some cases, this decision may take a little longer. We will endeavour to update you as soon as we can via email.
Pre-course health questionnaire
Before starting your course at the University, you must have blood tests for serious communicable diseases (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV). Entry on to the course will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Occupational Health Service.
For any queries, please contact the Occupational Health Service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can't attend the interview
If you can't come to your interview, please select 'cannot attend' on the Interview registration form.
Please be aware that we only have certain dates available for interviews. We will do our best to offer you another slot on an available day, but we cannot guarantee this.
Please note that you must attend an interview as part of the selection process. No offers will be made to any applicants who have not attended an interview.
Responding to your interview invitation
You must respond to your interview invitation within two weeks of receiving your invitation by email. We will know you have responded if you:
- register to attend an event;
- add your details to the ‘I cannot attend these dates’ option;
- or contact our Events team to discuss options if neither of the above are appropriate.
If you have not responded to your invitation within two weeks, we will assume you no longer wish to pursue your application at Bristol, and your application will be made unsuccessful.