Help someone else
You may become concerned about a friend, housemate or someone on your course who seems upset or is having difficulties.
You may feel able to listen or offer support. If you are unsure how you can help, you could encourage the person to seek help and let them know that there is support at the University.
Who you can suggest they speak to
- Personal tutor or Research supervisor;
- Senior tutor;
- Administrative staff in your school;
- Peer support;
- Mature and Part Time Students' Adviser email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Counselling support for international students;
- Just Ask Adviser from the Students' Union;
- Their doctor (GP) or the Students' Health Service;
- If they are worried during the night, call Nightline (0)117 926 6266;
- Use the Big white wall online support network.