BSc Social Policy
Social policy courses at Bristol
- Social Policy, BSc
UCAS code: L400
- Social Policy with Management, BSc (2020 last year of entry)
- Social Policy and Politics Joint Honours, BSc
UCAS code: LL42
- Social Policy and Sociology Joint Honours, BSc
UCAS code: LL43
- Social Policy with Quantitative Research Methods, BSc
UCAS code: L402
- Social Policy with Criminology, BSc
UCAS code: LM49
- Social Policy with Study Abroad, BSc
UCAS code: L404
- Social Policy with Quantitative Research Methods, MSci
UCAS code: L403
- International Social and Public Policy, BSc
UCAS code: L410
- International Social and Public Policy with Study Abroad, BSc
UCAS code: L411
- Social Policy with Innovation, MSci
UCAS code: L405
These courses are designed to introduce you to the interdisciplinary study of social policy, and to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your time at Bristol. As you move through the course you are given the chance to make more choices each year, and can construct your choice of specialisms within the range offered.
The first year, therefore, includes units covering historical and theoretical perspectives, and introducing comparative and international themes and concepts. The second year develops those conceptual frameworks and allows you to follow up your own interests in your choice of units. The third year includes the opportunity for you to design and carry out your own investigation for your dissertation, and to explore more optional areas.
Take a look at this booklet to see how the degree is structured each year and what units are available to study. This has been designed to describe the course structures for the academic year beginning 2020/21.
The School for Policy Studies runs the BSc in Global Health - a highly successful one year intercalated degree for medical students.
Find out about our new Q Step programme for enhanced quantitative skills training in Social Sciences at the University of Bristol.
Applying to Bristol
Social Policy magazine
Take a look at the latest Social Policy magazine 2020 (PDF, 8,375kB) with articles from current students and teaching staff.
Request more information
Ask us a question, sign up for our updates or request a prospectus.